Waiting list after 03 March'14

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rekha

Waiting list after 03 March'14

Post by rekha »

Hi All
Could anyone please clarify..
If our DC got their second choice on allocation day, after how many days should we ask the first choice school about their rank/position in the waiting list.
Have lost sleep for the past few days & my eyes are going to pop out before I see the email on Monday I think... :lol: :?
Araucana girl

Re: Waiting list after 03 March'14

Post by Araucana girl »

rekha wrote:Hi All
Could anyone please clarify..
If our DC got their second choice on allocation day, after how many days should we ask the first choice school about their rank/position in the waiting list.
Have lost sleep for the past few days & my eyes are going to pop out before I see the email on Monday I think... :lol: :?
I think people have said about a week. I have a feeling someone was told to ring back on 10th March last year and allocation day was 1st March.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Lancashire lass

Post by Lancashire lass »

Sorry can't help Rekha... But I know the feeling of uncertainty and worry...good luck
rekha

Post by rekha »

Thanks Araucana girl..
I have a gut feeling that my wait won't be over for until after 3rd March bcoz one of my friends child got their first choice school offer in the first week of September and I don't know why I feel thats going to happen to me as well.. :? :(

Thanks Lancashire lass..
Saffery13

Post by Saffery13 »

I am feeling the same re waiting list after Monday and selfishly am very glad there are other people on the forum in the same situation.

Lovely husband maintains "what will be will be" which is technically true but isn't helping this week - I need a time machine to speed me to September so I know what happens.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

For Essex schools, the waiting lists are handled by the LA until the end of August (and beyond for schools which are not their own admissions authority).

If you have applied to a Southend school, Southend Pupil Access Team handle waiting lists for all schools until 5th September this year and continue to handle waiting lists for SHSB, SHSG, Cecil Jones, Shoeburyness and Futures after that date.

There isn't much point in phoning either LA to find out where your DC are on their lists for a week or two, as some people can be very slow in accepting / turning down places (and in Southend, we have 3 weeks to make up our minds in the first place). Bear in mind that late applications can move your DC down a list just as other people turning down places move them up.

Two years ago, DD didn't get any of our preferences and we decided only to stay on the waiting list for Shoeburyness and King John, but stopped phoning up when she stuck at about no.71 for KJS and actually moved down from 82 to 84 for Shoeburyness (she flunked the entrance exams and with the schools about 5 miles in opposite directions from here she obviously never was going to get a community place :lol: ).

(However, we put her on the Continuing Interest list for SHSG and she did get an in-year place in July of year 7 when 3 vacancies came up, so there is hope, if at first you don't succeed).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

rekha wrote:Thanks Araucana girl..
I have a gut feeling that my wait won't be over for until after 3rd March bcoz one of my friends child got their first choice school offer in the first week of September and I don't know why I feel thats going to happen to me as well.. :? :(

Thanks Lancashire lass..
I am worried we will be looking at waiting lists next week as well, you won't be alone on here :?

Albert Einstein
rekha

Post by rekha »

I am worried we will be looking at waiting lists next week as well, you won't be alone on here :?[/quote]

Ha..ha..
Will be checking this forum for sure the whole night.. :)
rekha

Post by rekha »

I meant the whole night on Sunday.. :?
Good luck to all DP & DC...
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

CCHS have put on their website:

to contact Essex Local Authority Admissions about the waiting list positions after Monday 10th March - 0845 603 2200 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Getting close now!

Albert Einstein
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now