Mock Tests.....where?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HotCrossBun

Mock Tests.....where?

Post by HotCrossBun »

I've noticed chat on the forum about mock tests. These seem like a good idea to me, but we live in Northeast London. Are there any mock tests closer to us than Surrey and Kent? Due to our particular location, we are more interested in preparation for Independent entrance exams than for +11 grammar tests.

Thank you for your thoughts!
copella

Re: Mock Tests.....where?

Post by copella »

Try the Sutton mocks if they haven't all been booked up. My DS who took it is in y8 at our favoured school. We live in North London. Quite far but not that too bad. We had a nice day and sat in the park opposite for a snack and I went to the shopping centre and for a walk whilst he sat the test. It was well worth it as it helped to point out weak areas I was not expecting and I realised he struggled with MC papers. It also gave him a sense of just how many children sit these exams. The score is also standardised for the cohort who sit so you get a good sense of how your DC will do in the real thing. It is run by the PTA, Google it and it should come up. Hope they still have dates for you to have a go.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sign up for both A and B if they have any dates left. Get as much time as possible between the two so you can sit A and then learn from your mistakes and have another go with B.
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

Thanks copella and DAO. There are still a few places...it is awfully far from where we live. I was hoping there was something in Essex or Hertfordshire. :? Looks like we might have to buck up.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

We found the mocks advertised on this forum in Harrow good. At least you don't have to drive through Central London . See under services menu.
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

Thank you Silverysea. We've girded our loins and signed up for the sutton mock!
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

has anyone had any bad experiences during mocks my dd is only scoring 55% twice now but is hitting the 75% at home with the CEM style tests.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Are the mocks standardised against the cohort? If they are, and everyone else taking the mocks is scoring significantly higher, then she may get a lower mark. Remember the real 11+ is standardised against the cohort. Or the tests you are doing at home could be an easier standard - or the stress of the exam situation is lowering her confidence.
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

they are not standardised against the whole cohort so im assuming thats why shes scoring only 55%

shes scores 101 out of 180!

tests im doing at home are the cgp cem ones, onlines programmes and genuine papers!

im new to this so really frightening to think that all her hard work and mine will not pay off!

shes a bright child - should leave year 6 with level 5s all round and some 6s
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Is she getting better? Is she making progress? That is the most important thing. What is the format of the exams she will be taking? DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now