What are you listening to?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fatnorville

What are you listening to?

Post by Fatnorville »

I am currently listening to Physical Graffiti by Led Zep. It was preceded by Burn by Deep Purple. I don't know what will follow if, but it could be something Jethro Tull.

What are you listening to? Just curious...
Tinkers

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Tinkers »

Summit by Roger Procter.

My musical tastes are quite eclectic though.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

In the car recently it's been Roxy Music, disco, Maroon 5, Kaiser Chiefs and Harry Potter soundtracks.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Now: Telegraph Road - Dire Straits. Before that: Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty. Coming up next: Ventura Highway - America. Spot the theme!?
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Okanagan wrote:Now: Telegraph Road - Dire Straits. Before that: Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty. Coming up next: Ventura Highway - America. Spot the theme!?

Telegraph Road...Now there is a gooooooood song. I don't like Dire Straits, but I like that song... a lot.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Baker Street is the ring tone on my phone.
I can almost play the sax solo.
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Choir of Young Believers' album "The Whites of your Eyes", their song "Hollow Talk" was played as the theme to The Bridge on BBC4. The album has been played on a loop for a couple of weeks now, pretty lovely stuff.

This evening we've all been listening to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, on a journey in and out of London (for a celebratory sushi dinner).
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

TigerMum wrote:Choir of Young Believers' album "The Whites of your Eyes", their song "Hollow Talk" was played as the theme to The Bridge on BBC4. The album has been played on a loop for a couple of weeks now, pretty lovely stuff.

This evening we've all been listening to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, on a journey in and out of London (for a celebratory sushi dinner).
I trust you were listening to the R4 adaptation?

Only two books ever whisked me away to foreign worlds and made my imagination come alive.

One was the Hobbit..the other was the Hitch-Hikers books. Absolute crazy genius, but genius none the same.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Recently it's been Tina Turner, Russell Watson, Il Divo, Adele and Amy Winehouse in the car. It's wall to wall Radio 4 in the house.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Listening to London Grammar, chilled ambient lounge, Bruce Springsteen re mixes, The Band Perry. All highly addictive and ultra chilled. Great historic poetry from the Boss to add to the mix.