Reading boys confirmation letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

readingss

Reading boys confirmation letter

Post by readingss »

I've been reading about few of you lucky ones receiving confirmation letter from reading boys today (saturday) which is 2days before Reading council shall post confirmations. My query Is whether the letter is sent to ONLY those who's son has made it through?
readingss

Re: Reading boys confirmation letter

Post by readingss »

To be precise - are letters being sent ONLY for one's who've been selected by reading boys - believe letter should be sent (by school) to all who're above the pass cut-off irrespective they have been selected or not/ waiting list?
Is this assumption right?
11+11+

Post by 11+11+ »

Interesting point!! I thought the same about Kendrick as we have not received our letter today as other have. However from the score of our DD, she has to be in unless I messed up the CAF.

Apologies - thought I'd better change the word in blue :wink: - bravado
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

RBC will have told Kendrick and Reading schools who is going to offered a place, so those who scored highly but have a place elsewhere because they placed it higher on the CAF won't be on that list.

The schools only send out letters to those that RBC have awarded a place to. Not sure about reading but Kendrick send letters to those on the waiting list to say what the position on the waiting list.
11+11+

Post by 11+11+ »

Tinkers, so on that, is it perfectly normal that we have not received anything yesterday from Kendrick! Our DD scored 119.

I think the point was, if we hadn't received correspondence yesterday like many other parents, it that a sign it was going to be disappointing news. We are in WBC, and we know many who received the results yesterday from Kendrick.

Also will we ever know, what position children come who are offered a place?

Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I believe Kendrick sent letters out second class with the intention they would NOT arrive until Monday, the official allocations day.
Obviously some have got theirs yesterday.

The lowest score I have seen so far to get a place at Kendrick is 114, so if your DD scored above that and you are in catchment, then you can rest easy. (CAF depending of course)

Kendrick didn't give out rankings last year. I have no idea where my DD came, only her score. In previous years when scores were given out on allocations day, ranking were given.

Relax and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
11+11+

Post by 11+11+ »

Tinkers wrote:I believe Kendrick sent letters out second class with the intention they would NOT arrive until Monday, the official allocations day.
Obviously some have got theirs yesterday.

The lowest score I have seen so far to get a place at Kendrick is 114, so if your DD scored above that and you are in catchment, then you can rest easy. (CAF depending of course)

Kendrick didn't give out rankings last year. I have no idea where my DD came, only her score. In previous years when scores were given out on allocations day, ranking were given.

Relax and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Thanks Tinkers for the swift reply.

Trust me, I will feel a lot easy when we get some correspondence. Been on WBC and checked CAF form and Kendrick is 1st choice. I think I am anxious as nobody has posted that they did not get a place! Everyone seems to have received good news yesterday for both Reading & Kendrick! Thanks for the confidence Tinkers.
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

11+11+, yesterday we heard from a friend who had scored 119 and got their Kendrick offer letter - I'm sure it's just a royal mail delay for you rather than the unthinkable! It must be a difficult wait now until midnight tonight / the post tomorrow, fingers crossed for the final leg of this long journey.

Tinkers do you know if the waiting list includes everyone over the cutoff and placed Kendrick/RB as 1st on their CAF? Are people put on the waiting list automatically or do you have to specify? Surely the waiting list only starts after all the acceptances/declines have gone throug? (in about 2 weeks?)
11+11+

Post by 11+11+ »

TigerMum wrote:11+11+, yesterday we heard from a friend who had scored 119 and got their Kendrick offer letter - I'm sure it's just a royal mail delay for you rather than the unthinkable! It must be a difficult wait now until midnight tonight / the post tomorrow, fingers crossed for the final leg of this long journey.

Tinkers do you know if the waiting list includes everyone over the cutoff and placed Kendrick/RB as 1st on their CAF? Are people put on the waiting list automatically or do you have to specify? Surely the waiting list only starts after all the acceptances/declines have gone throug? (in about 2 weeks?)
Thanks Tigermum. Fingers crossed indeed.

Again, another thing i'm not sure about is, if disspointments comes, is it from LEA or school itself!
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Presumably if you didn't get your 1st choice, the LEA would write and offer you the 2nd? Therefore the disappointment is implicitly communicated through the LEA? IYSWIM. 1st choice school would not write I assume.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now