AGSB out of area mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cleo

AGSB out of area mark

Post by cleo »

If your DS has been offered a place and are out of the catchment area for AGSB, would you mind posting what result they achieved in the entrance exams.

I will be going through this process again next year (last went through it 5 years ago) but older son got a place that year being out of area - he needed 346+.

Much appreciated. :D
Oshosh

Re: AGSB out of area mark

Post by Oshosh »

Hello cleo,

The ooc for 12-13 was 355( for admission year 2013)well that was what the letter said which we received informing us of our DS score last in oct 2013.

My DS score is 380, and we are 18 miles away from school. But i am sure distance does not come in place when you are OOC.We have accepted now, and getting ready for admission 2014. :D

This years ooc score will be only revealed after all offers are made, you are best waiting till end April 2014, or if you wonder to the parents evening for admission year 2015which will be held in AGBS later on in april, you will get the ooc score for the last 3 years

Hope this helps.
cleo

Post by cleo »

Hi Oshosh

Thanks for quick response. That sounds reasonable 350 - 360 but was feeling a bit shock when I read a post from a poster saying her son (OOC) got 385 and was not offered a place. That is an extremely high school. If correct its looking like OOC boys will need to get full marks when sitting entrance exams by September 2015!!!!
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Oh yes, i read the post from abs as well. I was quite thrown back as well. I think a mistake has been made somewhere.

I do hope things turn out for them.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hello Cleo- remember me? Still here from when our boys did the exam- Was it really 5 years ago and now I am buying GCSE revision guides? :lol: :shock:
cleo

Post by cleo »

Hello TIDDLYMUM

Yes I can hardly believe how fast it has gone. Now it's, "Have you done your x revision today!". It doesn't get any easier for us parents does it? Revision guides, past papers, mark schemes ect.

My younger son will be sitting the entrance exams in September 2015 - still got a year before I start giving him papers. He's doing OK in school so not worried about him academically but as you know you still need familiarise them with the different types of questions/ timing ect.

Its all change at the moment with NVR papers being exchanged with English. Hence why I have come back! This forum is so good to keep up to date and more importantly as a support mechanism for parents.
So good to hear all the hard work children (and parents) have put in has been rewarded and celebrated.

Good luck with the GCSE years.
Cleo
parents666

Post by parents666 »

This is all new to us .Just a query,Is LEA offer the final thing?
Or do we have to wait for the school to confirm?
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Unless things have changed- you will receive a pack from school next week with a form to sign and return accepting the place, as well as a few other bits and bobs. I received my LEA offer in writing so had to reply to that as well PLUS offer letter from Trafford (we were ooc so three different things to return.) The LEA offer is a firm one, so don't worry about that.

Hope that helps. This was for AGSB by the way.
parents666

Post by parents666 »

Thank you so much TIDDLYMUM :D
Our LEA offered a place but there was no link to accept the offer-that's why I was getting confused
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

That's ok, a lot to take in and you will be anxious to get it right x