Fair, consistent and objective (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PuzzledParent2014

Fair, consistent and objective (Bucks)

Post by PuzzledParent2014 »

Hi - first post, after much lurking....

Planning to go to appeal following unsuccessful SR. I'm a bit confused about whether I should ask the admissions authority the probing questions about how long the review took, how much preparation, how did they ensure consistency etc etc. before the appeal, or just say that I will be questioning the FCO statement within the appeal itself, and pose the questions there?

If everyone's SR form was as sketchy with the decision details as mine, I don't see how anyone could state they were done in a fair, consistent and objective manner!

Any help and advice most gratefully received.

Thanks

PP
Etienne

Re: Fair, consistent and objective (Bucks)

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)
I'm a bit confused about whether I should ask the admissions authority the probing questions about how long the review took, how much preparation, how did they ensure consistency etc etc. before the appeal, or just say that I will be questioning the FCO statement within the appeal itself, and pose the questions there?
Write:
    • (i) Something about 'fair, consistent & objective':

• It could be as simple as "At the hearing we shall wish to challenge whether the Selection Review was 'fair, consistent & objective'".

[see D11]
      http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=36418" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We're inclined to think that this is the best approach (to ask questions at the hearing, and not reveal in advance what they're going to be).
No need to commit yourself at this point in time.
Etienne
PuzzledParent2014

Hi - getting the final stages of evidence preparation completed (we have an early June stage 1 appeal date)....

Should we include non academic evidence too, to demonstrate that our dc is a rounded person? The specifics were playing league cricket for local village and also playing trumpet? (currently at Grade 1, working towards Grade 2).

Also, do we need to include a copy of our selection review forms with our evidence, or will these be automatically added to the pack by the appeal admin people?

Thanks

PP
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

PuzzledParent2014 wrote:Should we include non academic evidence too, to demonstrate that our dc is a rounded person? The specifics were playing league cricket for local village and also playing trumpet? (currently at Grade 1, working towards Grade 2).
Time to read the Q&As .........? :idea:
It's beginning to sound a little bit like ..... “This is a clever, responsible, hardworking pupil with numerous extra-curricular interests”!
See C21(j):
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
("How not to win an oversubscription appeal!" :? )

See also katel’s story, B48(5):
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also, do we need to include a copy of our selection review forms with our evidence, or will these be automatically added to the pack by the appeal admin people?
It will be included automatically.

Hope this helps.
Etienne
PuzzledParent2014

oops! sorry, read them ages ago and think my brain has fried with the stress of all this! :oops:

This is really helpful, many thanks.

PP