A few surprises then?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
reeyah

A few surprises then?!

Post by reeyah »

Very surprised that BV minimum score seems to have gone up and KEAS down by at least 5 points! It goes to show that the extra places have made a big difference. BV, I think, has only offered 6 extra places or so.

Looking forward to seeing the cut-off scores. Come on KE, hurry up!
moseleymum

Re: A few surprises then?!

Post by moseleymum »

Definitely surprising.

It just reiterates the advice to put schools on the form even if you're below the previous years scores.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

moseleymum wrote:Definitely surprising.

It just reiterates the advice to put schools on the form even if you're below the previous years scores.

So true! I'm sure there are some very delighted parents who didn't think they'd make it :)
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

Yes totally agree, people have nothing to lose by putting the school you really want. I also think the new set up is alot better and allows a safety net if first choice is not achieved...
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Hopefuldad7 wrote:

Yes totally agree, people have nothing to lose by putting the school you really want. I also think the new set up is alot better and allows a safety net if first choice is not achieved...

Hopefuldad7 what happened with you? I can't keep up with the results!
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

reeyah wrote:
Hopefuldad7 wrote:

Hopefuldad7 what happened with you? I can't keep up with the results!

I am all over the place today - dd got her first choice of KE Handsworth!!!! - we are just overwhelmed. I only have one daughter and I have always wanted her to go to this school so it is a dream come true for me.

How did yours get on?
goodmanj

Post by goodmanj »

I'm very much with hopeful dad on the overwhelmed scale!
I do confess to tears of relief & of course joy as soon as dd went off to school! What a process that was!
Thank you all so much for your help & congratulations, I would not have coped without you!
Huge congratulations to all who have had good news this morning & the very best of luck to all that are still in limbo with waiting lists etc. I hope all works out for you and your DC x
Last edited by goodmanj on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

Hopefuldad7 wrote:

I am all over the place today - dd got her first choice of KE Handsworth!!!! - we are just overwhelmed. I only have one daughter and I have always wanted her to go to this school so it is a dream come true for me.

How did yours get on?
Congratulations Hopefuldad7!!! Brilliant news. I can feel the happiness in your message.
My daughter got to CHG. :D
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

What lovely news! I'm so pleased for all of you, it was a real help chatting away on the forum to all of you!

Goodmanj, I sobbed like a baby in October :wink:

Hopefuldad7, DS2 will be joining DS1 at KEAS :D
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

Bubbles44 wrote:
Hopefuldad7 wrote:

How did yours get on?
Congratulations Hopefuldad7!!! Brilliant news. I can feel the happiness in your message.
My daughter got to CHG. :D

Well done to your daughter - and a massive sigh of relief I guess for you as a parent. Lots of chocolates and cakes!!!!