Am I being thick?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Natalie74

Am I being thick?

Post by Natalie74 »

Just wondering how is find out which school Birmingham have offered my DS. We've already accepted KES but wanted to know where he would of gone had he not of had that offer. (Sorry please don't hate me). I log into Birmingham admissions and it lists the preferences but doesn't say anything next to any of them. Would BCC already know I've accepted KES? I've not told them. I've not received an email from BCC - has anyone else?
Thegodfather

Re: Am I being thick?

Post by Thegodfather »

Ring them! I very much doubt that they can not offer you an lea place. You accepting KES does not mean you are legally bound its just risking the deposit. Although I'm not sure how that works with AP. RING!!!
Last edited by Thegodfather on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhoDaresWins

Post by WhoDaresWins »

Natalie74 wrote:Just wondering how is find out which school Birmingham have offered my DS. We've already accepted KES but wanted to know where he would of gone had he not of had that offer. (Sorry please don't hate me). I log into Birmingham admissions and it lists the preferences but doesn't say anything next to any of them. Would BCC already know I've accepted KES? I've not told them. I've not received an email from BCC - has anyone else?
Assuming that you applied for B'ham consortium GS's, you will have a good idea, which school the LEA will offer you based on the recently released 'cut off' scores.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

With 220 you could have got offers for BV, Aston or Handsworth, depending upon what you put on you preferences, but not CHB or Fiveways
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Thank you for that info. Frantically trying to look while on dinner break. I'm no further forward lol. I've tried to call them but it's engaged. Just strange how I've not had an email. On the BCC site it just says 'submitted'.
80's girl

Post by 80's girl »

Hi Natalie, I can't see how accepting a place at KES could affect your offer. I accepted a place at KES before offers,(albeit it a good few years ago) for my ds, but still got his offer from the LEA through, and a letter from a foundation grammar offering him a place. Perhaps it has something to do with you altering his choices after the closing date? Nothing sinister just may have knocked you off the email list or something similar?
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

80's girl wrote:Hi Natalie, I can't see how accepting a place at KES could affect your offer. I accepted a place at KES before offers,(albeit it a good few years ago) for my ds, but still got his offer from the LEA through, and a letter from a foundation grammar offering him a place. Perhaps it has something to do with you altering his choices after the closing date? Nothing sinister just may have knocked you off the email list or something similar?
Good thinking 80s girl!
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

Natalie74 wrote:Thank you for that info. Frantically trying to look while on dinner break. I'm no further forward lol. I've tried to call them but it's engaged. Just strange how I've not had an email. On the BCC site it just says 'submitted'.

I hope you get some clarification soon Natalie x
mummmy

Post by mummmy »

Hello everyone
My understanding was that you get offered the first choice if you meet the criteria. So the second preference is not offered even if your DC has passed the exam.
Can you get offers from 2 schools or more? I am confused after reading some posts!!
sasa

Post by sasa »

mummmy wrote:Hello everyone
My understanding was that you get offered the first choice if you meet the criteria. So the second preference is not offered even if your DC has passed the exam.
Can you get offers from 2 schools or more? I am confused after reading some posts!!
You won't be offered two state Grammar schools places, but you can get offers from multiple indie schools (if you've sat their entrance tests too) to hold alongside your state Grammar school place.

This is how people end up with choices to make.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now