Tiffin Boys cut off mark 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Anne_810

Tiffin Boys cut off mark 2014

Post by Anne_810 »

Hi All,

I am asking the same question again 1 week before the Allocation day;
My son scored 253 marks in Tiffin Boys test this year;

Do you expect something unexpected this year to go the cut off mark beyond 253 please;

Thank you
Anne
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Tiffin Boys cut off mark 2014

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Any score >=247 is a dead cert. Congratulations!

Regards
SVE

PS
Good luck with Junior school waiting lists if you do move nearer; I understand our local junior school now has a huge waiting list.
Animis opibusque parati
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Anne_810 wrote:Hi All,

I am asking the same question again 1 week before the Allocation day;
My son scored 253 marks in Tiffin Boys test this year;

Do you expect something unexpected this year to go the cut off mark beyond 253 please;

Thank you
Anne
No; we don't expect a surge of extreme geniuses taking the test with at least 150 of them scoring 254 or above and all choosing TS as their first preference. :lol: :lol:

Only thing for you to sort out is travelling to TS or finding primary local school for your other DCs. Or realizing that grammar schools in Slough (Langley, Herschel etc.) may offer better quality of life and education to all the family. However, you are the best judge of that. So all the best.
minicab

Post by minicab »

Now... what was the cut off then?
My DS did not get in with 232. Any other unlucky 232? Or 233? Or 234? OR.... 235?
minicab

Post by minicab »

Just trying to pull myself and the little one up and checked the historic data and it looks that for the last 7 years there were about 30ish offers after the initial ones.
Knowing what was the cut off mark will help enormously everybody concerned. So please, keep sending your results in.
And this is valid for the GUESTS as well who are just looking for info. If you do not have an account, please feel free to email me at **email removed** and I will add your info.
Thank you.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Guests are welcome to join and post scores or PM a Moderator or another member to add the info.
minicab

Post by minicab »

Sorry. New to the forum.
However, still waiting to hear from anybody with entry results, especially if they are "low" offered places, like 234 or 233.
So far I was informed by somebody getting a place for 235. Any lower?
Thanks again.
Sobey

Post by Sobey »

Yes please low offers let us know
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

minicab wrote:However, still waiting to hear from anybody with entry results....
Unfortunately I think you just need to be patient. Results are only out today and for many that are holding independent school offers they were hanging on until they knew their options; some of those will choose to take up independent places (especially if offered assistance) and they will be likely to have to accept those offers in the next few days (pay deposits etc). You need to be patient and wait for the initial offer acceptance date to pass (17th March); shortly after that date there will be a new set of offers to those wait listed (hopefully you will be one of those)... after that date there will be more movement but it is small... so still a possibility... (indeed it is not unknown for pupils to fail to show on the 1st day of term due presumably those people holding on to their offers to the last possible moment). 232 is a good score... you have a chance.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Sobey

Post by Sobey »

Ok- cut off mark for TB is 233. So at 230 maybe a long way- Langley Grammar seems like such a comfort to my heart. It's a tough process and it does shape our child's future- so good luck all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now