Current CCHS mums

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Araucana girl

Current CCHS mums

Post by Araucana girl »

Currently waiting for the letter from Chelmsford for induction etc. What do we find out now - is it just a welcome to the school and we will contact you soon with more info? Or will we get info about the summer PE induction programme, induction day, penpal details and class etc. now?

Can someone give me info, starting to get really excited and believe this is no longer a dream. Cannot believe it quite still :D :D :D :D :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
february

Re: Current CCHS mums

Post by february »

Received our letter this morning so I'm sure yours is on its way!
It contains details of sports courses, welcome meeting, taster day and various forms
talea51

Post by talea51 »

AG - I thought I was the only one obsessed enough to start wondering about what happens next and when it happens. So pleased to see that I am not.

I asked a friend (whose dd is also going to CCHS) this same question this morning.

Hopefully my letter is waiting at home for me.

I think I am more excited about this than my dd. Anyone would think it's me going to CCHS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
butterfly36

Post by butterfly36 »

Hi - we got ours this morning !! It's a nice, big chunky wadge of letters and forms !! There's bits and pieces (eg proof of residence etc) that needs to be sent back by 17th March. There's also details about an 'Individual Welcome Meeting' on either Monday 9th June or Tuesday 10th June. Then there's info on a Taster Day on Monday 23rd June. All very exciting !! (The uniform people will be there on the Taster Day for uniform fitting etc).

:-)
butterfly36

Post by butterfly36 »

Out of interest, what schools are your DD's from ? Message me if you don't want to post it on the main forum - it would be amusing if we are near each other, geography wise.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

What's the individual Welcome Meeting??
butterfly36

Post by butterfly36 »

Individual Welcome meeting - says it's a meeting between you, your daughter and a member of staff ... On either 9th or 10th June .. That a timed appt will be sent in a later mailing and that this meeting will be held during the school day.
mclm

Post by mclm »

I think the Individual Welcome Meeting is new - used to be a member of staff visiting your DD at her current school.

Penpal info & house allocation arrives just after half term I seem to recall & they meet their buddy at the induction day. They also have the very first day of term with just year 7 & 12 before the rest of school start the following day.

Many congratulations to you all! Here to help if you need anything.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

The individual welcome meeting has been going on for a couple of years now. To be honest it's a bit of a pain. Our slot was 11.50 for 10 minutes. The member of staff asks you what instruments you play, interests, clubs you do outside school. They ask if you have any worries and off you pop back to school/work.

The induction day was much more useful... And lovely. The girls perform a piece from Matilda which had me reaching for the tissues, they come away too with a photo of their form so you can put names to faces (a lovely keepsake) and you get to meet all the other parents and form tutors etc.

Well done to all those who have received places... It's a wonderful school.
KM

Post by KM »

Congratulations to all those who have just got places. Dd is in Y12 but it feels like only yesterday that we were in your position. Last night we were at an information evening about applying to university and dd loves CCHS so much she can't bear the thought of leaving. You have a lot to look forward to!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now