Private Minibus/Coaches to Tiffin girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hina

Private Minibus/Coaches to Tiffin girls

Post by hina »

Hello does anyone have any info on private minibus or coaches to Tiffin girls? all help appreciated.
Peridot

Re: Private Minibus/Coaches to Tiffin girls

Post by Peridot »

Surely, hina, if you are within the new catchment area your DD should be able to travel by public transport? Congratulations by the way.
hina

Post by hina »

yes i am in the catchment area Sm4 no direct bus from our area, two buses. so i thought it be easier to send her via coach? hmm buses it is
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

What we found with our dd is that the school very sensibly grouped them into the five forms with clusters of girls with the same post code or area, so they discovered travelling companions very quickly. Hopefully they'll do the same this year. It makes everyone feel a lot happier about travelling by bus/train/whatever if they are in a group.
hina

Post by hina »

aww that sounds fab, thank u, i don't know anyone in our area who will go to Tiffins. My daughter is the only girl going from her school as well. Hopefully she will find groups of girls :-)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I believe that on the induction day in July, you will be able to meet other parents.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

TGS hold a evening (from memory late June) where you meet all the year 7 teachers and heads etc. The issue class lists and this allows you to see who else is in the area. The classes are arranged with geographic clusters. There is an Induction day in July then another class/team day offsite in mid September to help bonding.

Don't worry about not knowing anyone, the above are all aimed at bonding and uses 30 from 30 different primaries are the norn in a class. My DD's primary school had 4 and they are all in different classes.

If you are interested in minibuses, best option is to take pen and paper, go at 3pm and talk to each driver to see where they come from and take details of any possible. They are all unofficial services (groups of parents organise them), not the school.

One final thing, once you DD is 11, apply for a TfL zip card (free bus pass), free to use, (but small admin fee), can apply online on TFL website
hina

Post by hina »

OMG, u guys are fab, thank you so much for the information, its so helpful.... :D
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

I've met some really nice parents at TGS and of course lovely girls - welcome to the gang, Hina!
hina

Post by hina »

Feel so much better, currently my daughter's primary school is about 6 miles away from the house so do the drop off/pick up. So you can imagine how scared i am now that she will have to take two buses..lol...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now