henna025

Bancroft Result Today

Post by henna025 »

Hi,

Anyone received the results yet?
kelwaypops

Re: Bancroft Result Today

Post by kelwaypops »

we didn't try for bancrofts but dd found out today that she has been offered a scholarship to chigwell, very happy. best of luck to you today
bethany

Post by bethany »

We heard that DS is on the waiting list for Bancrofts. Does anyone know how likely it is that a place will become free and how many others are also on the waiting list with us?

We have another offer so I'm happy, but he is keen to stick it out for Bancrofts as it was his favourite.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

bethany, there will always be movement on waiting lists after March 3rd - some people will have GS places and also others will be deciding, like you, between indies.

Kids can ultimately only go to one school.

Might be worth asking whereabouts on the W/L you are.
henna025

Post by henna025 »

Our DD got offers from both Forest and Bancroft. Very happy for her but now its a dilemma which one to choose. I understand that Bancrofts results are better than Forest but would really appreciate any feedbacks from parents whose kids already go to these schools.

Bethany- dont worry as many people will free up the places and you will definitely hear good news soon.
henna025

Post by henna025 »

We have at last accepted Bancroft's offer and declined Forest (I hope it helps someone on the waiting list)
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

I don't want to add to anyone's stress, but you need to be aware that independent schools over-offer, so the fact that someone turns down a place doesn't necessarily mean that the waiting list will move.

A few years back my DD applied for Forest; on offer day, we got a letter saying that she was on a 'short waiting list'. I was disappointed but optimistic, because I knew of several people who had got offers for Forest and turned them down to go elsewhere. However, the waiting list did not move at all (was told this by the school) and DD didn't get in.
Tabassum101

Post by Tabassum101 »

We have declined Forest, Bancroft and Chigwell offers. Hope the waiting list moves a bit.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now