Bromley South - grammar options (non SS)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kpat

Bromley South - grammar options (non SS)

Post by Kpat »

Hello I'm new. I am staring to research for 2015 entry.

I already know my daughter isn't super selective material.

Could anyone please advise based on distance and assuming
She passes the 11+ which grammar school are within an hours commute
of Bromley town centre. Including privately run transport.
Trains to Orpington etc then a bus also an option.

Thanks very much and congrats to those with school offers this week :D
parent2013

Re: Bromley South - grammar options (non SS)

Post by parent2013 »

Townley Grammar is a good option. Other one I could think of is Wilmington Grammar for Girls.

Google for school details, distance and commute options.
lefol

Post by lefol »

If you have a girl , then your options are : Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar ( bus 269 from Bromley straight to school , no changes ) . Newstead Woods and third option is Townley with Bus 269 to Bexleyheath . My ds is currently at Chis and Sid and has a number of friends from Bromley .
robofish

Post by robofish »

Chis & Sid should be easy from Bromley. The 269 bus.
robofish

Post by robofish »

Oh dear. I type too slowly. :roll:
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi,

I believe the 208 goes to Orpington, as a possible alternative travel option for Newstead.

Regarding Townley and Chis and Sid, as others have said the 269 from Bromley North is a straight forward journey. While my ds finds his journey to C&S quick in the morning, the trip home in the afternoon can be more varied, time wise. However, he doesn't seem to mind it - it's an opportunity from him to chat with friends. Coming home for him, door to door, takes around a hour and ten minutes.

I suggest you look at bus timetables to check not only length of journey, but also when they travel, particularly in the mornings: they don't want a detention for being late! It is worth trying out potential journeys nearer the time, we did for ds and dd.

Also, don't forget school start times. Chis and Sid is early 8.15am, I think Townley is later. Early start time suits my ds (atm) as he's a morning person!

Good luck for the future, but don't forget local girls comprehensive - Bullers as possible school if you are near enough. I know one Year 7 girl left a grammar in Bexley to go there. I am bias as my dd goes to Bullers, but I am very happy with the progress she has made there.