Kegs Test Details

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Countdown Queen

Kegs Test Details

Post by Countdown Queen »

To fm or anyone who might know; do parents deposit child at the door of test centre, rather than go in with them? I am very keen to know about Camp Hill Boys, where son will be taking the exam Sat.
Understand from KenR that when his son took the exam at that venue, this was not the case, parents and extended family were also allowed in, resulting in chaos!
The wording regarding this in the letter is rather ambiguous and really could be interpreted either way!!
Anyone out there who has experience of last year? Help please!!
fm

Post by fm »

To countdown Queen,

I've asked all but one of my last year pupils who gained entry to Camp Hill and none of them actually did the exam at Camp Hill. One that I believe did I am almost certain his mother said she deposited him at the door.
My letter (for Camp Hill Girls) says very clearly to 'bring your daughter to the front entrance of the Girls' school'.

Whatever happens, don't worry about it. I've had umpteen parents over the years complain about endless things (the hall was too cold/too hot/too sunny/child behind kept crying/own child was white as a sheet before exam etc.) and all these children passed.

Very clever but not necessarily genius children pass this exam provided they don't miss out whole sections and they work doggedly through the paper and don't lose the plot at the fact is is harder than their normal schoolwork or unfamiliar. In fact, that is probably the point of the exam--who can cope with the difficult and unfamiliar and will consequently cope with a fast pace at a KE school
fm

Post by fm »

To Countdown Queeen,

Update.

Just heard from my only pupil who did it at Camp Hill last year. There was a bit of queuing as you'd expect but parents were not allowed in the building. His child was led away (by a Camp Hill student presumambly) while still in the queue. It was done efficiently, without fuss. One can only think that they learned from the disorganisation on KenR's year.
Countdown Queen

fm-
Thank you so very much for your reply, especially for taking the time to ask your Camp Hill pupils, when you have so much to do with this years
pupils and of course your own daughter!It really is appreciated- so nice to know there are kind and genuine people out there! You have helped more than you could possibly realise, so a very big 'THANK YOU' to you and other regular posters, abcdef, KenR and KEmom.
Well not long now, just wondering what to change my user name to as the countdown is almost upon us! I think I'll keep it as then the REALLY long countdown to March will begin!!
Very best of luck to all our children tomorrow, may all their dreams come true! They all deserve it!
Don't know why there's a big gap after first sentence-can't get rid of it- good job it's not me taking exam tomorrow!!
Countdown Queen

Hi, its me again ! There WAS a big gap after my first sentence in the preview! Honestly- now on the forum its disappeared! Or am I losing it?! :? Well I'll be off to rehab then!!
Sorry and Good Luck!
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi fm

Was your pupil who did the KE test at Camp Hill last year a girl or a boy?

Camp Hill Girls have always insisted that parents deposit their child a the front door; it was just Camp Hill Boys that for some reason used to allow parents to come inside the school with their child to settle them down!

The procedures at the Girls School worked much better.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

Regards

Ken
fm

Post by fm »

To Kenr,

It was a boy, yes. I realised she was talking about the boys' school so I asked the only one who actually did it at the school and the father is emphatic the child was whipped away from him while still in queue.
fm

Post by fm »

To Kenr,

By the way thanks for your good wishes. I have spent all week encouraging my pupils, wishing them luck and reassuring their parents--and you are the first person to wish my child luck.

fm
Countdown Queen

fm- Good Luck to your daughter!

fm- I thought I had wished GOOD LUCK to everyone in a previous thread, but just incase I haven't- GOOD LUCK to your daughter!! fm, you of all people deserve all the very special best of good luck as you have helped so many people. You could have just helped your own daughter and of course your pupils. Instead you have answered everyones' questions and given help countless times on this forum. I have read all your postings with interest! Thank you once again and may all your daughter's dreams and wishes come true! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now