Do primary school heads know of school allocations?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Middlesexmum

Do primary school heads know of school allocations?

Post by Middlesexmum »

I was a bit late picking dd up from school today and ran into the head. I was surprised that she didn't know about dd's school (she knew how much we wanted it), but she also seemed very vague about secondary school allocations in general. This is a one form entry primary school!
Lancashire lass

Re: Do primary school heads know of school allocations?

Post by Lancashire lass »

our head didn't know either, he walked up to me telling my Ds class teacher, and he asked the teacher "oh do you know what schools the children have been allocated."
SHertsDad

Post by SHertsDad »

Middlesexmum wrote:I was a bit late picking dd up from school today and ran into the head. I was surprised that she didn't know about dd's school (she knew how much we wanted it), but she also seemed very vague about secondary school allocations in general. This is a one form entry primary school!
State school heads know a bit in advance.
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

Yes,apparently they knew last week! That's what I was told!
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

At my children's (state) primary, they know a day or two before the parents find out.
Sallyltb

Post by Sallyltb »

State school Heads in Hertfordshire all had the allocations on Friday last week.
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Our head told one of my kids that she knew a week before allocation day... (in Berkshire).
WP

Post by WP »

The Herts timetable is linked from this page:

http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/edl ... orcvc1415/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

second last entry (Timelines for Co-ordination for 2014/15), page 2: "Confidential information of allocations sent to primary schools Thurs 27 Feb 2014"
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

Our school finds out around a day or two before but there is a secondary transition co-ordinator so she has the lists, whilst the head presumably can see them I don't think she gets involved in the secondary transfer situation, so it's possible she wouldn't know who got in where if put on the spot.
HappyCow

Post by HappyCow »

Yes, Heads do know....and other interested teachers in our school go and view the list!

Can you believe our HeadTeacher has not even acknowledged his Year 6 class with their school allocations!
Not all the children have got what they wanted so can understand that he does not speak to the class as a whole but individual praise in passing would be nice for the children.
Winge over.......hope those needing assistance /moral support are getting it from their primary school.
Am grateful for this forum......
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now