Appeal form

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Twizzle

Appeal form

Post by Twizzle »

Ok, so we've been sent an appeal form along with my son's school offer. How much detail do I go into at this point? My Son didn't pass the 11 plus but he is on level 5 across the board and I had a hospital appointment the day before the test (brain tumor) which upset him so much that I cancelled it.
Is it with this form that we supply evidence of acedemic ability, letter from teacher etc or is that at a later date?
DC17C

Re: Appeal form

Post by DC17C »

What does the form say? I would imagine it is just to register that you want to appeal and then nearer the time of the appeals you will get more information and instructions on giving in your submission.
Twizzle

Post by Twizzle »

Thank you. You're probably right, but there is quite a big space to write in so feel like I should fill it up!
Mum66

Post by Mum66 »

Could I suggest you contact the school for which you want to appeal and ask them?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Is the 'big space' headed 'Reasons for appeal' (or words to that effect)?

If so, see:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Assuming this is the appeal submission, you should enclose supporting evidence, unless you need more time to prepare your case.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Twizzle wrote:Thank you. You're probably right, but there is quite a big space to write in so feel like I should fill it up!
Sorry yes if it asks for reasons for the appeal then this is one to send in your submission- if you have it all typed out already you could just write - see enclosed submission on the form and include your evidence if you already have it or advise you will be sending in more evidence nearer the time.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now