Debating Appeal?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Goodfellow

Debating Appeal?

Post by Goodfellow »

Hi, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My son scored NVR 128 VR 119 Maths 112 - aggregate 359. One mark off! He was expected to pass and the head teacher has appealed but was not upheld. The head teacher said he will strongly support a parent appeal.

He is currently working at levels 5, specifically 5C for maths.

He has a great work ethic and loves school.

It has been suggested that I show more current work at appeal stage to prove his academic ability in maths, and use this as the basis of the appeal? Would this be a strong enough reason to appeal? Where would I start on preparing an appeal?

The school my son is wanting to attend is over subscribed.

Thank you in advance!
twinkles

Re: Debating Appeal?

Post by twinkles »

Hi Goodfellow,

Which school are you hoping to appeal to? If you can tell us, members with more knowledge of your area of Kent may be able to help (I'm assuming you are in Kent!)

Have a read of this

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you know the reason it was turned down at HT appeal?

You need lots of evidence of your son's ability and you have plenty of time to gather this as you can't appeal until March.

I will also PM (private message) you.
Goodfellow

Post by Goodfellow »

Hi, my son is hoping for Barton Court.

The reason the head teacher was given, in the heads opinion was generic. Stating that there was not enough evidence of a high enough grade of maths work.

Thanks, really appreciate your response.
Goodfellow

Post by Goodfellow »

Hi

Does anybody have experience of appealing at Barton Court? Or what the success rates are there? Any information would be brilliant!

Thank you
Goodfellow

How to start Appeal letter???

Post by Goodfellow »

Hi

I've really gained a lot from this site and now the time has come to put the appeal together. To be honest I have no idea how to start the document?? I've pulled together all the information that needs to be in there, I'm just unsure how to present?? Any examples would be much appreciated.
DC17C

Re: How to start Appeal letter???

Post by DC17C »

Have you seen A43 here ? http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Goodfellow

Logistics of appeal paperwork!

Post by Goodfellow »

Hi

Should I send the secondary appeal form with basic details first, then send on a further letter and evidence before 2 April, or just send it all together?

Thanks for your help
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It's entirely up to you, and whether or not you need more time.

You can read about deadlines in the Q&As:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I've merged your posts. Please keep to one thread as it helps to have everything to do with your case in one place.}
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now