Anyone from Watford area going to Chesham Grammar School?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinsel

Anyone from Watford area going to Chesham Grammar School?

Post by Tinsel »

Our DS scored well enough to get him into Watford Boys in all previous years, however, with this years incredibly high score of 255, he will be on the waiting list and we don’t think he’ll be offered a place.

My thoughts do go out to all the very stressed parents out there who have been taken aback by this. We went through so much stress regarding our DD a few years ago.

Thankfully our DS also sat and passed the Bucks11+ and has got a place at Chesham Grammar School. This is a huge relief and we are very pleased. We are very lucky that we are just as happy with our 2nd choice.

I just wanted to ask are there any other Watford children who will be going to Chesham Grammar?
swatik

Re: Anyone from Watford Area Going To Chesham Grammar School

Post by swatik »

Hi, my son got the chesham grammar. This was our first choice. We live very close to watford boys.
Tinsel

Post by Tinsel »

That's great, nice to now there will be someone else from Watford. I will PM you.
Tinsel

Post by Tinsel »

Hi Swatik

I have tried sending a PM but the messages are sitting in my Outbox, so not too sure whats going on.

I thought it would be nice for my son to meet another boy from Watford who is also off to CGS. In his current school he is the only one going to a Bucks school.

He will be traveling on the train to Chesham, so it be nice to know if there will be a few from Watford.
noonynunu

Re: Anyone from Watford area going to Chesham Grammar School

Post by noonynunu »

Tinsel, give it a couple of years and they are likely to be joined by quite a few more children from Watford. The provision of quality school places in Watford is at breaking point.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Yes I agree and of course CG can be reached on Met line. If a local bus was established for QE I am sure some very bright boys will travel there too. However parents need to be aware that you do need outstanding results at GCSE to remain in 6th form at QE.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Does Chesham Grammar have a catchment out of interest?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Yes, but always goes outside catchment. All Bucks grammar schools have catchments. Due to Chesham's geographical location it has never been as popular as some of the others but I think (check allocation profiles) it was a lot more popular this year.
scary mum
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

I think that's because it's improved so much. In days gone by the only people who would have opted for Chesham Grammar ahead of DCHS or DCGS are those who specifically wanted a mixed grammar school rather than single s-e-x, but I'm not sure that's the case any more.

Be interesting to know whether my gut feeling on this is supported by any actual evidence… :lol:
bcaffoor

Post by bcaffoor »

Hi,
I live in Watford and my daughter has been offered a place in Chesham Grammar. I don't know how she will be travelling yet. It would be nice to stay in touch.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now