Reserve list for NHGS now will consider up to rank 400.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ghee

Reserve list for NHGS now will consider up to rank 400.

Post by ghee »

For information, I just received a letter from NHGS explaining that anyone who ranked between 370 and 400 in this year's test can now request reallocation, as places up to rank 370 have all been offered.

The reason stated is that many applied from other authorities and were also offered a place in their own authority, which they accepted. Also, the score achieved by children up to rank 400 would have been offered a place in the past, but the letter says the number of students taking the test this year was far in excess of any other year. Reallocation would only be for NHGS, not Crossley Heath.

Our ds ranked 378 and we had no hope whatsoever, but we might as well request reallocation now...
mitasol

Re: Reserve list for NHGS now will consider up to rank 400.

Post by mitasol »

I hope it translates into a place for you Ghee.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Fingers crossed for you ghee
ghee

Post by ghee »

Does anyone happen to know how much movement there was after allocation day in the previous years at all???
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

There is always some movement but I'm not sure how much. Perhaps the school can give you a better idea?
Twinsmum123

Post by Twinsmum123 »

Hi

We have received the same letter but are closer to 400.

We had moved on and in some ways I wish this wasn't happening as it gets your hopes up again!!!
Twinsmum123

Post by Twinsmum123 »

Also meant to comment on how quiet the Yorkshire forum is compared to most of the others and also compared to past years.

Very strange!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It has been really quiet this year. :?

We'll have to have a recruitment drive and sign up a few lurkers. There must be some others waiting in limbo and a whole new lot just starting the process. Any news will be welcome.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Even quieter here in north yorks :lol: definitely need to do some recruitment..... :wink:
ghee

Post by ghee »

I agree, I was here 2 years ago for our dd and the forum was a lot busier. People r probably on Facebook/other networking sites chatting about the 11+. Twinsmum, I hate that feeling too, our ds had started to look forwards to our local comp, we could have 6 more months waiting to hear now! Eek! If it gets to September and we haven't heard anything I'd probably take him off the waiting list and let him settle down... He'd love to be with his sister though, she passed 2 years ago and is happy at NHGS. I know there can be more than one child with the same rank though so not holding out much hope :?...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now