class of 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
walsallmum

class of 2015

Post by walsallmum »

Hi all im new to this so thought id start off a new thread. My dd is preparing for next year. ive been reading the forum topics for a few months.
dd is doing ok but i feel drained out already.
WindowGlass

Re: class of 2015

Post by WindowGlass »

People sometimes think it's and easy ride for parents, pay and play, but it's usually not.

However, I enjoyed it first time around - grammar prep was the right think for our DS, and I learned / revised lots myself.

Keep the vision ahead of you, aim high, but also grow in understanding your DC's learning-style along the way. I found this invaluable in itself, but also useful when selecting schools- which suit his/her character.

Enjoy.
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

As its my first time round im quite anxious.

im tracking everything she does - shes doing a mock this weekend so nervous for her
NASA

Post by NASA »

Hi,

Our dd will be sitting the exam in 2015 too. I will diy her as I did ds, dd is more keen than ds ever was as she sees all the oppotunities that he has in doing so many different things.

At the moment we are just making sure all her basic maths knowledge is upto scratch, I get her to do crosswords, it helps with her thinking for the not so obvious words. She also likes playing sudoku which I've read on here somewhere that it helps with logical thinking. I think after the summer break we will start calling it 11+ prep for now it's just who can finish puzzles quicker dd or DH/ds (ds is in yr 7, he knows to let her win occasionally as to not know her confidence completely :) )

We have also bought the 10 minute tests in maths 9-10, which she does when she wants. Lots of visits to the library. Dd has a book she reads at bedtime and 1 we read together and we discuss and analyse as we read.

So far fairly easy, just waiting for when the head banging and tantrums kick in :roll:

NASA
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

im currently doing the banging against brick wall!

She is hitting 75% in past papers but has ups and downs.

is your other DC at a grammar - bet its easier second time round
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

i should add that shes doing the exams this year as she is in yr 5
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

walsallmum wrote:i should add that shes doing the exams this year as she is in yr 5
Phew! When you said your DD was doing it next year I thought you meant in 2015 so she's in year 4! I thought it was a bit too early to do mock exams!
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

walsallmum wrote:im currently doing the banging against brick wall!

She is hitting 75% in past papers but has ups and downs.

is your other DC at a grammar - bet its easier second time round

Not necessarily easier doing it second time around, or even third :lol: . Depends on the child I suppose :shock:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 97&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=35512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by moseleymum on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Duplicate post :D
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

Ive got a five yr old after DD so least I get a few yrs rest