Channing School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NorthLondonMummy

Channing School

Post by NorthLondonMummy »

We had our heart set on Channing School. We are on the waiting list, so anyone refusing this school, please post it here, or PM me.

Upto when do Indies offer - is it all the way to summer? Some indies require a non-refundable deposit on accepting offers, so I assume, whoever accepts now with deposit will definitely start in September.

Any Information about Channing School's admission including waiting list, will be gratefully accepted - PM me too.
Middlesexmum

Re: Channing School

Post by Middlesexmum »

Not necessarily. Some people who are waiting lists for state schools pay an indie deposit in the meantime which they are prepared to sacrifice should a state school place come up.
Ordinaryjo

Post by Ordinaryjo »

We declined a place on Tuesday and know of three others who did so. Hope you get a place soon. X
GGMum

Post by GGMum »

Same here - declined a place on Tuesday. Fingers crossed for you!
GGMum

Post by GGMum »

Also definitely know of people who pay the deposit at one school and then recant if they get their preferred choice - indie or state. While the deposit is high it is such a small part of the overall cost of education at an indie that it's not enough of a deterrent. So there is definitely going to be more movement in the next few weeks.
EDUCATIONMATTERS

Post by EDUCATIONMATTERS »

I had my heart set on my daughter to get into channing school bu she gotplaced on the waiting list. It has been a month since I have heard from the school. Should I contact them or should I assume that no vacancies arised?
EDUCATIONMATTERS

Post by EDUCATIONMATTERS »

I was placed on the waitin list of channing skl as well. I haven't heard from them in a month. Should I contact them or should I assume they rejected? Um u know the first person who posted this. Did u hear anything from Channing?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now