CCHS waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
barbie&ken

CCHS waiting list

Post by barbie&ken »

So I have called Essex admissions today to be told my dd's waiting list position... She is 3rd on the in catchment list, 39th on the other list.

Does anyone know what list they will use to allocate waiting list places? It is not on website and I am awaiting an email response from CCHS.

If they use the in I/c list then we may still have a chance.....
dk2013

Re: CCHS waiting list

Post by dk2013 »

yes,,if you are I/c then you will get a place...even if an o/c place available they first allocate it to an I/c candidate...good luck
redbridge

Post by redbridge »

I called in this morning and was told that my DD is 17th on the OOC waiting list :(
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Barbieandken, that sounds good - you should get a place once the waiting list moves.
Redbridge don't give up hope - you never know how many ooc will accept other offers. It's not over until it's over! Others might have a better idea of how you stand.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

AG
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
talea51

Post by talea51 »

BarbieandKen, that sounds good. We've been told to have our acceptances to CCHS by Mon 17th March so the waiting list should move by then, if not before.

Redbridge, don't give up. There may be a number of OOC places who take offers from Indie's. Fingers crossed for you.
redbridge

Post by redbridge »

Thanks AG and talea51 :)

All the best barbie&ken
barbie&ken

Post by barbie&ken »

Thanks guys, and good luck to all the waiting list candidates x
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

dk2013 wrote:yes,,if you are I/c then you will get a place...even if an o/c place available they first allocate it to an I/c candidate...good luck
I don't wish to be a wet blanket here, but my understanding of the two sets of allocations is that the 96 IC places can only go to IC candidates (in score order); but the other 24 places are allocated entirely on score, so could go to another 24 IC girls if they happened to be at ranks 97 - 120, 24 OOC girls, or a combination of both. This bit is on the CCHS website.

In that case, the place an IC candidate holds on the "IC" waiting list indicates that if only IC girls turn down places, after that many people drop out, a place is theirs. But if holders of any of the 24 "not IC" places turn theirs down, vacant places would be offered from the "all" waiting list in score order, not to IC girls first (unless they were the next in line). Unfortunately for IC girls, they don't go to the top of the "all" waiting list, hence the different rankings on the two lists.

The allocation of places is sort-of the other way round for the Southend and Westcliff schools, where the number of places reserved for IC candidates is a maximum, i.e. places within that number can be allocated to OOC candidates if there are no more IC candidates to take them, but "OOC" places would not be allocated to IC (at least, that is how the policy reads).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
barbie&ken

Post by barbie&ken »

I had a reply from cchs..

"If a place is rejected then the Local Authority will offer to the next girl on the waiting list from the in or all list depending on where the child rejecting the place was initially offered from."

So although she is 3rd on the I/c list, toad mum is quite right that the waiting list places could in theory, all go to o/c girls :cry: I would think it may be more likely that o/c turn down places than I/c due to distance & travel.
ahap

Post by ahap »

In catchments do turn down as well due to other offers.
If an in catchment DC rejects a place then that place will be offered to an in catchment DC to make the 96.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now