Selective Eligibility Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Marora987

Selective Eligibility Test

Post by Marora987 »

Hi,

Sutton , WCGS and Wilson are going to have common selective eligibility test from this year. Does any one has some sort of sample papers?

I think that I have read somewhere that they are going to have a numeracyand literacy papers. Each paper will be 40-45 minutes long. The tests do not include verbal reasoning or non verbal reasoning.

Can some one suggest reading material or books for numeracy and/or literacy papers?

Regards,
ClappedOutMum

Re: Selective Eligibility Test

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Marora987 wrote:Hi,

Sutton , WCGS and Wilson are going to have common selective eligibility test from this year. Does any one has some sort of sample papers?

I think that I have read somewhere that they are going to have a numeracyand literacy papers. Each paper will be 40-45 minutes long. The tests do not include verbal reasoning or non verbal reasoning.

Can some one suggest reading material or books for numeracy and/or literacy papers?

Regards,
I think the idea is that it covers only what they will cover at school. So normal maths and English in any primary should do it.
Marora987

Post by Marora987 »

Thanks ClappedoutMum.
rejim2

Post by rejim2 »

Hello,
Those who have sat the first round of Eligibility test ( multiple choice Maths and English) in Sutton schools, would you please convey what kind of questions in maths and english were there.
Any comments and replies much appreciated and helps us a lot!!- Thx
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Sorry - can't help.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Compared to Bexley (CEM)

English was definitely above average. Difficult comprehension (I think there were 2 of them).

Maths was manageable with 2-3 difficult questions. I mean depends on your ds's prep.

Time wasn't an issue but there were significantly high # questions. I think it was 70 Q in 45 mins.

No VR or NVR rubbish like Tiffin.

Reading material ......long list.
mumzone

Post by mumzone »

My DS said the maths paper was fine but the English paper was a lot more challenging than he was expecting & certainly not like any other practice papers we had done before.
rejim2

Post by rejim2 »

Thanks to all !
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

ClappedOutMum wrote:
Marora987 wrote:Hi,

Regards,
I think the idea is that it covers only what they will cover at school. So normal maths and English in any primary should do it.
Those are all super-selective schools. Ordinary primary school maths and English does not do it (not least because a lot of it is still not covered in primary schools by the end of year 6, let alone the beginning of year 6 when DC sit the 11+), which is why there are super-selective tutors in those areas, indeed all areas of London and its environs. You have to make sure your DC is a very high level 5, familiar with all question types in all areas.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
rejim2

Post by rejim2 »

To my understanding the Selective Eligibility Test ( Stage 1 test) having both numeracy and literacy are purely multiple choice. Could anyone clarify this?
Also, if that is the case english comprehension means not to answer the questions in full sentences, rather choose, am I right?
In the same post it was mentioned there were two comprehensions as well :roll:

Any info, welcome!