Congrats everyone and please share your experience

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rimi01

Congrats everyone and please share your experience

Post by rimi01 »

Dear all,
I have been reading good news all over the forum and it seems your DCs have got what they wanted :D .Congratulations to all the hardworking DPs and DCs.

Before you all get busy in your high school life and leave this forum, please share your 11+ journey with us - advice for Year 5 parents, what helped you; what was your mistake; books that you think were useful, routine from Easter holidays; or anything that you feel would help others.

Many thanks in advance and good luck for future to everyone.
Oshosh

Re: Congrats everyone and please share your experience

Post by Oshosh »

Thanks rimi01,

I am not leaving the forum, i will still be lurking..... :lol:

Full exam papers should be attempted at this stage. Timed as well as practice without timing pressures.

Utilise the holiday well..between play,work and treats.

Good luck.
Rainysunshine001

Post by Rainysunshine001 »

rimi01 wrote:Dear all,
I have been reading good news all over the forum and it seems your DCs have got what they wanted :D .Congratulations to all the hardworking DPs and DCs.

Before you all get busy in your high school life and leave this forum, please share your 11+ journey with us - advice for Year 5 parents, what helped you; what was your mistake; books that you think were useful, routine from Easter holidays; or anything that you feel would help others.

Many thanks in advance and good luck for future to everyone.
What a superb thread rimi01. Looking forward to hearing everyone's 11+ journey/experience. Thanks in advance!
parents666

Post by parents666 »

Thanks very much.Very proud of my DS. I made sure he did regular steady work..20min-30 minutes during weekday and an hour on Saturday. Sunday was free. Each child is different so you have to see what suits your DS. He was timed and work was corrected accordingly.. It is useful if you can arrange your child to take one or two mock test prior to exam. My son is quite sporty and he didn't stop any of his activities before exam.
rimi01

Post by rimi01 »

Please hang around Oshosh !!!
Thanks Parents666. . Yes I have booked one mock test.

Luckily I am in catchment area. Is there any cutoff for catchment area or everyone who scored 334 got a place? I think with English in place of NVR, they should revise the cutoff. Lets see what they say on information evening.

Just noticed announcement on AGSB website - It says :

Parent Information Evening (Entrance Exam): Weds 23rd April 2014, 7-8pm
Parent Information Evening (Entrance Exam): Tues 29th April 2014, 7-8pm