Slough Consortium Appeal, Got 110 in 11+ Test.

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Prem

Slough Consortium Appeal, Got 110 in 11+ Test.

Post by Prem »

Hi There, Thanks for the forum as I got plenty of very useful information from here.

My child got 110 marks in Slough Consortium test for the Year 7 Entry on Sep 2014. The mark in detail: VR-113 and NVR-106. It is very unfortunate that only 1 mark below the cut-off of 111. My child normally scores NVR well than VR, and I did not know what exactly happened in the test. This is much unexpected results, and we did apply for the re-correction, but they said the result remains same. Usually, My child performs well in most of the time, even in school they have expected my child with good outcome from this test. In school, my child’s performance level in between level 5 and Level 6. (Level 6 in Maths now).

In CAF, I have listed the schools in the preference order of 1. Langley Grammar, 2. Slough Grammar, 3. St. Bernard’s Grammar and other 3 non-selective school. Now, a non-selective school has been offered to my child on 03/03/2014(offer day), and now we have accepted this offer for the time being.

Here are few things that I bring it to your gentle attention:

By distance we are living within 1 mile (cross) from all 3 grammar schools, and Langley Grammar is very closed and just within half a mile. The Head Teacher of the current school is ready to give us full support/letter for our appeal. Apart from studies, my child is involved in several extracurricular activities such as being school councillor, class monitor, writing competitions such as Poem Writing and BBC-2 300 words competition, participating charity events, dance, sporting like Gymnastic, tag rugby, Tennis, etc.

Now, I am preparing to submit an Appeal. This forum is very useful to me to get most of the information regarding my appeal. I would be very grateful if you could give your opinion and suggestions regarding my appeal as well as the following of my questions.

1. How viable is our appeal?
2. Do I need to appeal on non-qualification? OR both non-qualification and over-subscription criteria?
3. Do I need to Appeal to only one school? OR Do I need to appeal to all 3 schools with separate applications?
4. If I go for more than one school appeal, do I have to write different grounds of appeal or the common one for all school?
5. What are the most important aspects that I have to consider in my appeal?

Thanks in advance for your valuable time and expertise to help me out for this situation.

Regards
Prem
Etienne

Re: Slough Consortium Appeal, Got 110 in 11+ Test.

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)

I think all your questions are answered in the Q&As:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a look in particular at sections A, B and C.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
addman

Post by addman »

Hello Prem, at all,

Wondering how your appeal went?

Appreciate if you or someone in similar situation is past can share their experience as I'm in the same situation i.e. 110 scored by my son and we are living in Local Admission Area of Langley Grammar School.

Thanks is advance.
addman

Post by addman »

Hello Prem,

Wondering of result of your appeal. I'm exactly in the same situation as my son scored 110 and we lives close proximity on Langley Grammar School.

Appreciate all can share their past experience and help me preparing appeal for a most stressful situation.

Thanks in advance!