Good Luck everybody!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gloucestermum

Good Luck everybody!!!

Post by gloucestermum »

Hello,
Just wanted to wish everybody good luck for next Saturday-the Glos forum is very quiet,I assume you are all last minute practising with your children!!! Anyway,only 2 weeks to wait for the results..........

Glosmum
metalikaf

Post by metalikaf »

Yes-Good luck to everyone on Saturday.
Must admit I'm starting to feel a little nervous.Don't know why,it's not me sitting the test!!
Starting to hear a few scare stories at the school gates.
Just to add to the pressure.
DD is not nervous at all and can't wait till Saturday.

My DD has been really ill with pharyngitis this weekend.Thank goodness it's not next weekend.
Too busy playing nursemaid to worry about practising at the moment.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Scare stories????????? Please tell me more.............. :?
Orson

Post by Orson »

Gloucestermum

You really want to hear scare stories? You're crazy! :roll:
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

So I'm torturing myself-hey I've had a year of it,it has affected my sanity! I will be so glad when it is over-DS has scored consistently well over the past few weeks on test papers,82-93 % so we cannot do any more and it is now up to him to see how he does on the day.Just thinking about dropping him off next week gives me the jitters..

Glosmum
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

Yep, good luck all. It will be over soon and my liver will have a chance to recover (hope after next weekend I can throw the wine box out!) Whatever happens in the test just getting this far is a big achievement.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

metalikaf wrote: My DD has been really ill with pharyngitis this weekend.Thank goodness it's not next weekend.
Worth getting a note from the doctor if this looks as if it could continue 'till next week (I'm thinking evidence for appeals here). If it does - don't forget that you can postpone taking the test by a week or two so your daughter gets the best pop at the test.

I must remember to avoid going past the local schools next Saturday morning on the way to music - it totally blocks up the roads!

Good luck, one and all.
Capers
metalikaf

Post by metalikaf »

Hi Capers,
Thanks for the advice about the doctors note.
She is still off school today,though she must be on the mend as she is now raiding the cupboards for food.
I think she'll be fine for Saturday.I don't think anything would keep her away from the test on Saturday.
She would be mortified at having to go on a different day.
At least 20-25 of her year group are sitting the test that i know of,and she will NEED to be there.You know what 10 year olds are like!
She is a very determined character.Let's hope it is a trait that stands her in good stead for the future.

Oh, there's one of our words for the week - TRAIT.
I think I will have to go to re-hab soon,i am starting to become obsessed!!!
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

metalikaf wrote:I think I will have to go to re-hab soon,i am starting to become obsessed!!!
I hope you are not waiting for a gilt-edged invitaiton, metalikaf. :lol:

Anyone who has survived the prep and the test(s) or even has one peek at the forum is an honorary guest of REHAB. 8)

Please visit soon. You have come so far and you deserve to unburden yourself!

I would also like to know the origin of your name. It is fu11 of intrigue and I just can't decipher it! :lol:

Wi11 wait for you to explain it a11 at REHAB. :wink:

At least then you wi11 be doing something about your obse55ion... I mean, your diligent checking of a11 things 11+ related. :shock:
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

gloucestermum wrote:So I'm torturing myself-hey I've had a year of it,it has affected my sanity.Just thinking about dropping him off next week gives me the jitters.. !

Glosmum
gloucestermum wrote:Scare stories????????? Please tell me more..............
Sanity, jitters, scare...

Glosmum, you need to come to REHAB, too.

Do you need a gilt-edged invitation?

Just say the word....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now