Stroud to Ribston Hall by bus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FramptonMum

Stroud to Ribston Hall by bus

Post by FramptonMum »

Hi everybody,

My dd has been offered a place at Ribston and is the only girl from her primary school going there. Just wondering if there are any other girls from the Stroud area who will be travelling there on the no 93 bus? It would be great for her to meet some bus buddies prior to starting school in Sept.

Vanessa
Sunshine 11

Re: Stroud to Ribston Hall by bus

Post by Sunshine 11 »

Not much use now but when I was younger I used to travel Stroud to Ribston. I used to quite enjoy the quiet time and enjoyed the scenery. I'm sure she'll find a bus buddy. You could ask the school if any are travelling from Stroud. Also DD could ask around on trial days. Good luck !
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
FramptonMum

Post by FramptonMum »

Hi

Thank you for your reply. My daughter has a friend at primary school who is appealing for a place at Ribston, so hopefully she will get in. If not, I am sure she`ll soon make new friends to travel with.

Ribston Hall have told me that lots of girls travel by public bus or train and that the girls travel together, not alone.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

From your name I'm wondering if you are in Frampton on Severn, if so there's a bus from Whitminster that a few local girls use.
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

My dd uses the 91 bus which comes along the A38, all the way to Dursley. There are lots of Ribston girls who catch it and now a few Crypt boys.
FramptonMum

Post by FramptonMum »

Hi there,

Thank you for your replies. We live in Frampton Mansell near Chalford on the other side of Stroud. As far as I know our only bus option is the no 93 bus from Stroud Merrywalks.

I expect there will be a few girls on the no 93 bus as it travels along the A46 from Nailsworth to Stroud, I don`t know if it travels up through Whiteshill or Edge after leaving Stroud. It must be a busy route as I think the buses are about every hour at the moment.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now