Bus pass flexibility

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Bus pass flexibility

Post by moved »

Does anyone know if the yellow bus passes can be used on public transport?
mclm

Re: Bus pass flexibility

Post by mclm »

Hi moved.

It depends on who your yellow bus is run by. If it's First Essex then you can use it on their normal public buses too. My DD does this when she has orchestra/sports matches after school.

If your contract bus is with another operator then I don't think you can, but worth speaking to the Consortium transport office if that is where you are getting your pass from & they will be able to help.
moved

Post by moved »

Thanks, First Bus is the company that runs the bus from Chelmsford to Colchester. Knowing DD she will be taking public transport on a regular basis as she spends a great deal of time playing her flute and participating in sports.
Slogger

Post by Slogger »

moved wrote:Thanks, First Bus is the company that runs the bus from Chelmsford to Colchester. Knowing DD she will be taking public transport on a regular basis as she spends a great deal of time playing her flute and participating in sports.
Greater Anglia rail passes are also flexible - can be used at weekends etc. My lad and his mates at SHSB have a novel use for them - they dash down to Prittlewell for the early train, leg it out at Southend Airport (one stop) to Macdonalds and having purchased their healthy snack dash back to connect with the train they would have caught if they'd walked to Prittlewell. Advice on how to persuade them to take up the flute would be gratefully received.....
moved

Post by moved »

Thanks everyone.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Slogger wrote:
moved wrote: Greater Anglia rail passes are also flexible - can be used at weekends etc. My lad and his mates at SHSB have a novel use for them - they dash down to Prittlewell for the early train, leg it out at Southend Airport (one stop) to Macdonalds and having purchased their healthy snack dash back to connect with the train they would have caught if they'd walked to Prittlewell. Advice on how to persuade them to take up the flute would be gratefully received.....
Yes, the new station at the Airport is proving very useful - we were at a quiz one night with a Greensward dad who said that his DS was as we spoke in the process of nipping there and back from Hockley for exactly the same purpose :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jbmum

Post by jbmum »

You might want to get the price of a season ticket and compare to the bus pass price. We have found it cheaper and this will give our DS the ability to use all county-wide First buses for a whole year. We only looked because the 525 service is absolutely dire. I cannot tell you how often our DS has been left for significant periods of time, sometimes in the rain waiting yet again for the non-arrival of his bus because it has broken down. Then they send an old bus with not enough seats, no seat-belts etc. I hadn't compared the cost until I finally got fed up and was amazed to discover we would save by not using the school bus.