Journey from Longfield or Swanley to Beths Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yomtoy

Journey from Longfield or Swanley to Beths Grammar

Post by yomtoy »

My DS has been offered a place in Beths. We are thinking of moving to Longfield or Swanley, however we are struggling to figure out the best route to the school from Swanley (or Longfield!!). I would appreciate your advise on the possible routes we can consider. Many thanks in advance.
Blametheparents

Re: Journey from Longfield or Swanley to Beths Grammar

Post by Blametheparents »

I live in Longfield and I don't think it is possible to get from there to Beths Grammar via public transport very easily. Trains go to Bromley and then into London so that wouldn't work and the only bus route that would work would be via Bluewater or Dartford to Beths Grammar - not really suitable for a journey that needs to be done every day.
Boys from the area tend to go to Gravesend Grammar, Wilmington Grammar or Dartford Grammar as transport is much easier to these schools.
Shame really as Beths Grammar is only 20 mins away by car straight down the A2, it's just that would mean you taking him every day!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Assuming the station for Beths is Bexley, national rail seems to think you can do Longfield - Rochester - Bexley in an hour if you get the train just before 0700? Also assuming that you would want to...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

The 423 from Longfield to Dartford Station, then two stops on the train to Bexley.
yomtoy

Post by yomtoy »

Thank you all for your advise - I think we may widen our areas of interest and hopefully find something within our budget....