Stroud High School new longer skirts !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Alice in Underland

Stroud High School new longer skirts !

Post by Alice in Underland »

OK who can substantiate the news DD has broken to me ?

The new head at SHS is sick of the girls pulling up their skirts to just below buttock length, and the school will be introducing a new longer length "roll up proof" skirt in September 2014.

I would support a Make Up Ban if it was brought into effect too !
stroudydad

Re: Stroud High School new longer skirts !

Post by stroudydad »

A new skirt is being introduced, it was in the newsletter a couple of weeks ago and is supposedly in the trutex shop already though we haven't heard the bones of the rule change. We are hoping that the school has not decided that it must just be this skirt or nothing, as not one shape will suit/fit all. Dd prefers pleated skirt or trousers.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Fluffy have you heard if this will be the only skirt allowed? I assume trouser will still be? And how can it be roll up proof?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

:lol: how exactly is that "roll proof" are the pockets lined with cardboard or something?

Our school skirt had a pleat all the way up the middle to the waistband, so looked really daft rolled up. We used to just pop a lycra tube skirt in our bags if we were going up town after school, with leg warmers!!

Nice skirt though.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

I imagine that it will be roll-up proof only in that it will go a very funny shape if rolled up - it's easy to roll up a straight skirt without losing the basic shape, but a pleated one will stick out at odd angles.

SHS say that the skirt will be in use from September, so I assume they will enforce it throughout the school. The inference is that it will be the only skirt allowed. Assume trousers still allowed.

Personally, I think they should have improved the quality of the straight skirt. DD1 attends a different school and her lined, straight skirt is much better quality and when rolled up the split at the back doesn't go into that horrible V shape which makes the SHS one look so (can't think of an inoffensive appropriate word!).
Alice in Underland

Trousers are not cool above year 8.

Better go back and scrutinise the newsletter.......
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

that horrible V shape which makes the SHS one look so
....much like the girls parents should make her wear trousers to school instead! Or really big gym knickers with very thick tights.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

southbucks3 wrote:
that horrible V shape which makes the SHS one look so
....much like the girls parents should make her wear trousers to school instead! Or really big gym knickers with very thick tights.
Exactly :D
Alice in Underland

Hmm, yes newsletter is a bit vague isn't it ?

"]During the year a review of the school skirt has been carried out. In order to give the girls, teaching staff and parents greater clarity over the expectation a new school skirt will be in use from September. Year leaders will be emphasising this to your daughters over the coming weeks. The skirt is already in the Trutex Schoolwear and More shop in Stroud, please do not feel you must have one for your daughter yet"

Doubt it will make any difference. The rebellious ones will find some other way to display their tribal identity.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now