Test information please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Movette2000

Test information please

Post by Movette2000 »

Sorry to sound clueless but ... How long are the tests?
My dd will be taking in Plymouth later this year.
Are they allowed calculators?
When are the Mocks?
Do you have to pay for the tests?
Any advice on the whole process would be much appreciated. Thank you
scary mum

Re: Test information please

Post by scary mum »

Try this until someone local comes along. No charge if a state school.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... on-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Try posting this in your local area but certainly no calculators and no mocks unless you go to a private company and pay for them and only private schools charge you to sit their exam.

I suggest you take a look on the website and find a parent at your school who had a dc do them last year. You need to be informed and prepare your dc. Less than six months to go now so time to stop being clueless and get informed or the dcs who have parents who have got themselves informed will take the places from the dcs who have parents who have not. DG
VH73

Post by VH73 »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... mock-exams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm surprised too you don't know anything and your child is sitting in 6 months. I learned everything in this forum and from parents who've got their older children in the school. Go and have a search.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Moved to Devon Section
Movette2000

Post by Movette2000 »

When I say clueless I should have said unsure about the tests. I know school details, when the apply for the test, what tests she'll have to take etc - just really much about the test itself. I can't find anywhere how long it'll be.
erisindevon

Post by erisindevon »

You can find out more about the DHSG Mock here:
http://www.devonportgirls.plymouth.sch. ... s-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this is the Mocks info from the PHSG site:
11+ Practice Examination

Saturday 5th July, 2014

Plymouth High School for Girls will be providing girls with the opportunity to do a practice examination consisting of both an English Comprehension and Maths paper on Saturday 5th July 2014.

There is no obligation for girls seeking a place at PHSG to attend the practice session, but it does provide an opportunity to familiarise themselves with the type of test paper and under the same exam conditions they will have in September.

Parents/Carers who wish their child to attend the practice session must complete a registration form. The application form will be available to download here from 22nd April 2014. Alternatively you may collect one from the school.

Registration will be open from 22nd April 2014 until 11.00 am on 27th June.

There is a £30.00 charge (cash/cheque) for sitting the practice examination. Please make cheques payable to PHSG. If you are in receipt of Free School Meals and require support please contact the school on 01752 208308 and ask for Bella Fell. Once we have received your application a booking confirmation letter will be sent to you.

We will be holding an Open Day on Thursday 26th June 2.00 – 3.30 and 6.00 – 8.30. Should you have any further queries our 11+ co-ordinator will be in attendance.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now