multiple choice literacy papers

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Azure

multiple choice literacy papers

Post by Azure »

Does anyone know of any provider, other than GL, that publishes m/c literacy or comprehension papers? With the other topics, I'm saving GL to the end, but I've only got GL (and a bit of Bond) for literacy. Can anyone suggest anything else suitable for boosting literacy skills for 11+? :D
Azure

Re: multiple choice literacy papers

Post by Azure »

I've just looked at the EPE shop and they have papers by MW(?), Athey, CGP. What are these like in order of difficulty? Are they useful practice?

Also there were a group of skills books by Susan Daughtrey. Are these worth getting?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm up too late and panicking how to help DC! :D
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Which schools are you going for? CGP are the closest to GL but I also use First past the post from the forum shop and Tutormaster and Learning together and Athey and Alpha. Forum shop does next day delivery. I would save CGP for closer to the exam and do Alpha first, then Learning together then MW, then Athey and Tutormaster. If you have grammar and punctuation questions in your exam then Susan is your girl! DG
Azure

Post by Azure »

Thank you Daogroupie! :D Alpha seems to be out of print but I've ordered the other recommendations.
mum

Post by mum »

Can cloze with missing letters (fill in the missing letters in the incomplete word) type be possible in MC type questions?
Eg : Sahara Desert in one of the hottest and d_i_st places on the _a_th. (driest , earth)
If so, how the options could be framed in the MC answer sheet? Any suggestions?
Thanks
mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now