Invicta announced extra form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jini

Invicta announced extra form

Post by Jini »

Thought I will share this. I went to the new entrants evening at Invicta yesterday with my daughter and the headteacher said to pass the message on: As invicta was oversubscribe they are going to have an extra form. If you did not get Invicta, or a grammar place or your daughter missed the 11+ pass by a few marks, planning to appeal...Call the school and they will guide you on the process to get in. Good luck!
mystery

Re: Invicta announced extra form

Post by mystery »

I thought it said on the other site that they were not oversubscribed. I must have misread it.
Jini

Post by Jini »

She definitely said that they were oversubscribed and could not offer a place to all the girls. They took 192. But I am guessing the surplus girls are not enough to form the extra form so that is why the head said if any girls did not get in or we know any girls who missed out to let them know about invicta's intention. They will only do the extra form if they get enough girls.
Jini

Post by Jini »

Anyone contacted Invicta? How did it go?
Peter

Post by Peter »

REVISED to clarify, following next posting. Adapted from that other website: Invicta Grammar School - 9 vacancies for 2014 entry on allocation in March, making a total of 183 offers for the 192 possible places. As in previous years, is likely to go over the PAN of 192 places (which could be arranged in 6 classes of 32 - no way) on appeal and could presumably go up as far as 210 (arranged in seven forms of entry) if there are that number of grammar school standard girls appealing, perhaps even more. Last year there were 40 successful appeals, although there were at least 35 vacancies, so the school is more popular this year.
Last edited by Peter on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I don't really follow. Were they oversubscribed for their 6 forms of 32 on 1 march?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now