St Clement Danes - 2 more classes?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Cricket

St Clement Danes - 2 more classes?

Post by Cricket »

Just heard rumour that SCD will be taking 2 extra classes each year - is this correct? It will become a very large school - good or bad?
noonynunu

Re: St Clement Danes - 2 more classes?

Post by noonynunu »

Cricket wrote:Just heard rumour that SCD will be taking 2 extra classes each year - is this correct? It will become a very large school - good or bad?
I understood it to be 1 extra class. Queens and Bushey Meads are planning on doing the same as per the details in this document (page 7):

http://www.hertsdirect.org/mm/17912228/ ... 130920.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is possible plans have changed since this document was produced though.
fluffybudgie

Post by fluffybudgie »

Hi. Queens are not being included at this stage due to costing difficulties. I have since heard that Parmiters was also included in expansion discussions but cannot find evidence of this in information on the HCC website.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

SCD will also be sponsoring the proposed new school in croxley. This will be for 6 from ( 180 ) children starting with the current year 4 when they get to year 7, although they will probably be in temporary accommodation for the first year.
decaff

Post by decaff »

As far as I am aware parents of SCD have already been informed of school expansion. Parents I know with children there all seem to know. I gather head is very excited about this. As far as I am aware its one extra class of 30 I think either 2015 or 2016. However maybe due to shortage of local places perhaps they have changed this to 60. Parmiters has already expanded and took an extra class from September 2012. BM will also have 1 extra class.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now