School familiarisation tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bexley Mum 2

School familiarisation tests

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Does anyone know how the VR and NVR familiarisation tests done in school compare with the real thing? I know they're shorter (30 mins instead of 50) but in terms of difficulty and time pressure I wondered how they might compare. My son has done well in both familiarisation tests and I would like to be able to say to him that this means he needn't worry about the real thing. However, I suspect that, as their purpose is to introduce those children who've not done any preparation to the concept of VR and NVR, they're probably easier than the real thing. In which case perhaps I should be warning him that the real thing will be harder. Anybody got any views?
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

The Bexley VR and NVR familiarisation papers are supposedly, as you thought, easier than the actual test. The idea of them is to introduce children to some of the different question types and the format of the answer sheet.

Unfortunately, I don't know how much harder the actual test is in comparison!
traceyanne2

Post by traceyanne2 »

Do we get maths and English familiarisation papers too? My daughter also found vr easier than usual but still found nvr hard, posibly because it wasn't done under test conditions.
Bexley Mum 2

Familiarisation tests

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

No, in Bexley it's just NVR and VR familiarisation tests
thehorder

Post by thehorder »

Our out of boro school haas so far only done the vr, my daughter was pleaswed with herself - she got 43 out of 52!!! is this good!! wondering now as you mention it was easier!!!

Do we have to take pencils, rubber etc. tomorrow.

Good Luck all...
traceyanne2

Post by traceyanne2 »

My daughter was told she could take something for luck. As school said they would provide everything but only one pencil ( she's paranoid that it will break and she'll have to wait ages for a new one) she has taken her lucky pencil!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now