Marling appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Monkeyfeet

Marling appeal

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Does anyone have any experience of a marling appeal for over subscription I can't seen to find any information specific to that school about past appeals x
DC17C

Re: Marling appeal

Post by DC17C »

I don't think I found anything doing my trawl through " feedback in areas" last year. That does not mean there have not been any though. I would ask the school how many boys there are in current yr 7 & 8 to get an idea and compare this to the PAN. They may even tell you how many successful appeals there were last year. That would at least give you an idea of how possible an appeal would be in succeeding.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I know of 1 successful appeal last year at Marling. He lives about 1.8 miles from the school. Didn't even get near the pass mark but supposedly had a very nice letter from teacher and head
Monkeyfeet

Post by Monkeyfeet »

We can see marling from our house ! Ds is currently hitting 5a literacy and 6c maths he's just been unlucky that he's qualified but the schools over subscribed. Stroudydad is it the school that give you the information for amount of pupils at last intake and apoeals won or is it the council.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I don't know for sure but I would ask the school in first instance. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Responsibility lies with the school if it's the admission authority.

If the LA happen to run the appeals, you might get referred to them - but technically the school is still responsible if it's its own admission authority.
Etienne
Monkeyfeet

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Thank you for your replys I've tried ringing ths school but only getting answer phone so have emailed for today and will be trying to get the information tomorrow x
catcool

Post by catcool »

http://www.marling.gloucs.sch.uk/appealprocess/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monkeyfeet

Teacher at appeal ?

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Can you take a teacher with you to am appeal my ds' teacher is really wanting to come to support me.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Yes - so long as this teacher doesn't also work at the school you're appealing for.

You ought to let whoever is organising the appeal know who you're bringing.
Etienne