Bond Ten Minute Tests

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SouthWiltsGrammer

Bond Ten Minute Tests

Post by SouthWiltsGrammer »

What are the Bond Ten Minute Tests like? I've just noticed them in the shop on here. Are they suitable for 11 plus that use GL assessment?
Looking for bite size things to start my DD off!
Tinkers

Re: Bond Ten Minute Tests

Post by Tinkers »

NVR yes, VR I'd say ok to start with for vocab questions, but the question types aren't a match for GL types. Look at the Susan daughtry books 1 to 4, not sure in your area whether you need all the SD question types, but someone else in your area should know.

IPS do some short tests for VR that are a much better match for question types, but it's worth going through the types first.
SouthWiltsGrammer

Post by SouthWiltsGrammer »

Tinkers wrote:NVR yes, VR I'd say ok to start with for vocab questions, but the question types aren't a match for GL types. Look at the Susan daughtry books 1 to 4, not sure in your area whether you need all the SD question types, but someone else in your area should know.

IPS do some short tests for VR that are a much better match for question types, but it's worth going through the types first.
Thank you, it seems that she won't be sitting a NVR test, it just mentions VR and Maths and English. Maybe I should look at IPS for some short tests for VR then. What did you mean about going through the types first?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

There are different types of VR questions. SD covers 35 different types of question. You may not need all 35. My DD did bit we are in a different area.

We used SD and IPS for VR and she didn't come across any question types in the real thing that she hadn't seen before. A friend of ours used Bond VR and had several types she don't have a clue how to do.

I have no idea whether bond is good for GL maths and English, we only had NVR and VR. If you are quite early on in the prep process then they are probably ok to get started with the basics.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

SouthWiltsGrammer wrote:What are the Bond Ten Minute Tests like? I've just noticed them in the shop on here. Are they suitable for 11 plus that use GL assessment?
Looking for bite size things to start my DD off!
We used them as prep for CEM. You may also do Bond 10-11 (in 15-20 mins) to simulate CEM like crazy timings.