Solihull to Bishop Vesey travel

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bvmum

Solihull to Bishop Vesey travel

Post by bvmum »

Hello all!
I am new to this forum and am hoping to contact any parents in the same boat as myself (or anyone with suggestions). My son is fortunate enough to have secured a place at Bishop Vesey. We absolutely love the school and it was our first choice. The only issue with the school is the distance. As there is no green bus route it is even more complicated. My husband and I were wondering if anyone is aware of a private service that runs from Solihull to Bishop Vesey/Sutton Coldfield. We feel that the public transport route may be too complicated and tiring for 11 year olds. If not, would it be of interest to any parents to collectively arrange some kind of transport?
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
still hopeful?

Re: Solihull to Bishop Vesey travel

Post by still hopeful? »

Hi there

Back on this forum as DS2 is soon to take the test.

I see your post is from a while ago .. but had no replies:

We live just off the Warwick road about 1/2 mile out of Solihull. DS1 is in Y8 at Bishop Vesey and has travelled on public transport (bus to Olton> train to Moor St> walk to New Street> train to Sutton Coldfield), for some time now (apart from when I can give him a lift to New St).

Leaves home just before 7 - about 15 mins earlier then his Camp Hill friends who catch the Green bus.
Often meets friends going to KES on the train too.

Gets to school early in time to meet pals in the canteen and have breakfast (toast, hot chocolate etc.).

Doesn't seem to find the journey tiring.

Network pass (train & bus travel) is about £120 per term.

PM me with questions or if you're thinking your DS could benefit from a travel buddy.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now