Advice on travel options from Redbridge to SHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bright

Advice on travel options from Redbridge to SHSG

Post by Bright »

Hi,
Does anyone know of travel options from Redbridge to SHSG. I have been in contact with Crest Coaches but their service does not include SHSG and SHSB. I am aware of the train service from Barking to Southend but I would also like to consider coach as an option.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
ToadMum

Re: Advice on travel options from Redbridge to SHSG

Post by ToadMum »

DD and DS1 get the train 3 stops to Southend East and there are dozens of other SHSG pupils who come from much further up the line (Coach C is the place to be for year 8s, I think :) ). If you have easy access to Barking station this would be the easiest way to school - to get to school 'just on time' you would be looking at the trains which arrive at Southend East at 0754 - time for popping into a shop / getting a quick drink in the canteen / visit to the library - or 0809. Come out of the station on the side on which you arrive and follow the herd. Don't forget to get your Scholars Season Ticket (info on school website) :)

(Yes, I am a bit of a public transport evangelist :lol: - much more flexible than a coach and the trains normally carry on running in the snow, which coach / minibus drivers may decide not to do).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Bright

Post by Bright »

Thanks very much Toadmum. Going down the train route sounds like a wise choice. Dropping DD at Barking Station shouldn't be problem, I suppose she will not qualify for Coach C as she wii be in yr 7 :lol:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I don't know where most of the SHSG lot get on - DD just says 'London' when I ask where her non-local 'train friends' live - but I'm sure that someone will take her under their wing, whichever coach she sits in :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Bright

Post by Bright »

I've got an acquaintance whose DD is currently in yr 7 at SHSG and travels via train. I'm hoping to arrange for my DD to travel with her.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now