Were 2013 CEM papers similar in two 45minutes papers?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Crusoe

Were 2013 CEM papers similar in two 45minutes papers?

Post by Crusoe »

Could any 2013 CEM parents guide me, whether the two 45-50 minutes papers of CCHS followed a similar pattern?

Were they blend of Numerical, verbal and Non- verbal on both the sittings or different?

Thanks
Crusoe.
talea51

Re: Were 2013 CEM papers similar in two 45minutes papers?

Post by talea51 »

I'm sorry but I really don't know the answer to this question. All I know is what the familiarisation papers looked like. I assumed that they would be a mix of English, maths, VR and non-VR but I don't really know if they were.

I didn't discuss the paper with dd after the exam as it was too stressful for both of us and now she doesn't really remember.

Sorry I can't help.
Crusoe

Post by Crusoe »

That's fine Talea51.

When I was looking familiarisation papers of 2014 entry and 2015 entry there are few changes I could able to spot on immediately. But they were same blend of all English, maths, VR and non-VR.

Just we are running out time thought I could make my DD to get familiarize the pattern with some mock papers and wasn't sure what to do and where to start with. Have seen first past the post and other CEM style papers. I've to admit that I wasn't really impressed and satisfied with the contents inside. I am preparing my DD for the unexpected patterns of all possible CLOZE formats.

Instead of wandering around and doing what not to do , just thought of gathering some advise from previous experienced CEM parents.

If at all you know things at anytime please pass it to me. I really appreciate that.

Thanks,
Crusoe.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

The problem is that we've never seen the papers themselves either so really we are as much in the dark about what is in them as we were before our children did the exam. I used the CGP CEM papers but my dd said that the actual exam was much harder than the CGP papers and wasn't similar to them at all. She told me that it wasn't like anything she'd done in practice before. I don't know if other dd's found the same or whether they had a different experience to my dd.

To be honest, she came out the exam telling me that it was difficult and that there were lots of sections that she didn't finish and I didn't ask her anything more about it because it stressed me and her.

I don't think the Bond CEM papers existed when we did the exam last year so I can't comment on what those were like.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now