Cranbrook School Year 9 Day Admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tigger2

Cranbrook School Year 9 Day Admissions

Post by tigger2 »

Hi...
We would very much appreciate any info on applying for year 9 day places at Cranbrook . The family concerned are about 15 miles away from the school and love the school but aren't sure about boarding. Is it worth applying for the 13+ test or is it a waste of time? Cranbrook is about 25 miles from us so I have never considered it for my dc's but would like to help this family so any info would be great. Do children ever get through if not in catchmemt? Many thanks
zvrk

Re: Cranbrook School Year 9 Day Admissions

Post by zvrk »

I know of children who are in catchment, passed the test but still on waiting list. I would be very surprised if anybody from out of catchment gets in. They are slowly getting down the waiting list and there is probably going to be more movement after Common Entrance in June. It is not uncommon for families to move inside the catchment (renting/buying) prior to test.

I think test for next year is slightly different to this years one (English part of it), information is on website.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Thank you for your reply zvrk. I thought that this wpuld be the case but it was worth asking. Their dc passed the kent test but didnt get a place. Now in year 7 they are looking to move to a grammar for year 9. It's such a long shot that I think they should just concentrate on making in year applications/appeals for west kent grammars rather than put their dc on for the 13+ at Cranbrook. Thanks again x
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

I've heard of children who are currently in grammar schools but who took Cranbrook test, if they get offered/accept places it will free places in their current schools, it's worth asking in your friend's local grammar to be put on waiting list.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now