Waitling list info today ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vaani2003

Waitling list info today ?

Post by vaani2003 »

Will we be notified today of our position in the waitling list, irrespective if we get an offer or not ?
DaddyOh

Re: Waitling list info today ?

Post by DaddyOh »

They sent out the letters today. You only get a letter if you got a place. After this they hand back the lists to the schools and you should talk to them if you want further information.

DaddyOh
MMMum

Post by MMMum »

It is not the case that they only contact you if you have got a place from the waiting list. I got a letter today telling me I had not got a place .
vaani2003

Post by vaani2003 »

Thanks MMMum

You can also find out about your position in the list by calling the school authorities.

I feel this whole process is frustrating, the concept of Grammar schools and such a tight competition, relocation by parents to be just next to the school, so much pressure for kids at such a young age. Why is there a gap between the state school and the Grammar schools ?

All the kids have right to same level of education.

this is actually sad and unfortunately we all here support this framework
confusedmum.com

Post by confusedmum.com »

Post took for ever to come today, ds has been offered Skinners! Really pleased for him.
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

MMMum wrote:It is not the case that they only contact you if you have got a place from the waiting list. I got a letter today telling me I had not got a place .
Apologies - I think KCC must have changed that at some point. Makes sense really since they don't want everyone who hasn't gotten a letter calling them I guess.

Sorry to hear you didn't get a place - hopefully you'll get one before too long.

DaddyOh
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

BTW grammar schools are state schools :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

confusedmom.com: I've been looking out for your post! Congratulations to you and your DS - a night to celebrate! :D
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
vaani2003

Post by vaani2003 »

ToadMum wrote:BTW grammar schools are state schools :)
Wow ToadMum what a find !. Can you please comment on the rest that i wrote ? That might be interesting
Sussexmum

Post by Sussexmum »

Brilliant news Confusedmum ! I remember you back in March. I am very glad it worked out for your son.