Same exam date, What to do?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

grtmum

Same exam date, What to do?

Post by grtmum »

Hi Guys, The SW Consortium and Slough Consortium scheduled the 11 Plus exam on the same day which is Sept 13th, 2014, Can someone advice me please on this? I come in catchment for both Watford and Langley. Appreciate your advice.

Thanks
fiate2000

Re: Same exam date, What to do?

Post by fiate2000 »

I would call both SW, and Slough consortia and ask if they have any back up exam dates.
grtmum

Post by grtmum »

thanks fiate2000. Will try calling them.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Herts Consortium was on the same day as DAO and Mill Hill County last year, a triple clash. So students did early DAO slot and late Milll Hill slot on the same day and then back up date for Herts.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Some schools or regions would not allow to sit on the back-up date, unless the child was sick. Last year, there was such problem at Kent.
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

Latymer is on 13th Sept too, although I don't think there will be much crossover with SW Herts.
grtmum

Post by grtmum »

Thanks for the replies. Called Watford School, the Admission officer told me they can't help and it's purely Consortium's decision, neither can change dates nor provide with back up dates. Need to check with Slough, called many times, going to voice mail. thanks guys
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Maybe look very closely at admission profiles and concentrate on the best option that way, rather than subjecting your dc to lots of tests. There is a big distance between the areas, and Watford schools seem very over subscribed even on a very local level, are you entering your dc for other tests too?
grtmum

Post by grtmum »

Yes, I am, QE and Sutton schools. Called both (Slough Consortium and Watford Grammar Boys) of them, they said they don't provide back up dates. Told it is up to the parent to make a right decision. A bit disappointed. As QE is always very tough and highly competitive, can't really afford to loose one good school (either Langley or Watford). :(
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Sorry, I know its not my business but no child should be subjected to four tests.