18th on Waiting List for The Royal Latin School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ramsay

18th on Waiting List for The Royal Latin School

Post by Ramsay »

Hi,

We have received a letter from Bucks CC stating that my son is 18th on the waiting list for The Royal Latin School. Does anyone know whether this means he has a chance of being accepted for September? How many places are usually available after the appeals process has completed?
saints32

Re: 18th on Waiting List for The Royal Latin School

Post by saints32 »

First post... have lurked for many months

I don't know about 18th - that's close to 10% churn and surely most of the activity will have occurred post first round acceptances/rejections.

DS is 5th for DCGS and we are feeling moderately positive - but would welcome any experienced views too
Ramsay

Post by Ramsay »

I have just spoken to someone from Bucks CC and they have basically said that it is highly unlikely that my son would get a place. I thought I would share this in case others are in a similar position.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm afraid they are right. We got to 5th place on the waiting list by this stage but fortunately won our appeal. The waiting list would not have delivered if we hadn't won. A few places are normally allocated via the waiting list but I doubt they would ever get as far as 18. How far away are you, just out of interest? And have you appealed?
Marylou
Ramsay

Post by Ramsay »

We are the wrong side of Milton Keynes and we haven't appealed.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

DS is 5th for DCGS and we are feeling moderately positive - but would welcome any experienced views too
Had this been any other bucks grammar, I would have put a smiley, but for many dcgs is their end goal :?
Which grammar school have you been allocated?
saints32

Post by saints32 »

southbucks3 wrote:
Had this been any other bucks grammar, I would have put a smiley, but for many dcgs is their end goal :?
Which grammar school have you been allocated?
John Hampden - which is a great school. It's just a nightmare to get to... hence we're making an over-subscription appeal (our original application for DCGS under exceptional social needs has been accepted - but, as per DCGS admission rules, only puts us at the top of the 'out of catchment' over-subscription criteria)

Nervous times...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

There are still places at the Floyd which I would go for if you want a mixed GS. It's just as good as RLS these days.