Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ahap

Appeal

Post by ahap »

Dear Etienne
Please help!!! Oversubscription appeal- I sent background information to appeal box. Can you please help me with the wordings, sounds quite simple. Thanks.

I have included the mid year admission test results as well in the letter.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Etienne

Re: Appeal

Post by Etienne »

So sorry, ahap, but I'm afraid I don't have time to revise the wording. :(

It looks quite good, and you've obviously followed our advice - except for:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any quick questions, I'll try and help.
It's unfortunate that we're overloaded now that the appeals season is really hotting up.
Etienne
ahap

Post by ahap »

Thanks Etienne.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Can someone help with this please. Is it okay if I add this sentence at the end.

We sincerely feel we trust that you will consider our appeal in the light of what we have stated.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

ahap wrote:Can someone help with this please. Is it okay if I add this sentence at the end.

We sincerely feel we trust that you will consider our appeal in the light of what we have stated.
Maybe be a bit more thankful and sycophantic when closing, keep things very positive.

Thank you for considering our child's appeal, we hope the evidence we have submitted is to your satisfaction and sincerely trust and respect your final decision.

Good luck x
ahap

Post by ahap »

I have a sentence thanking them for considering the appeal before this sentence.
I think I'll have that and take this 'in the light' sentence off.
Thanks SB3.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Do I need to send the whole school report or just the pages of those specific subjects that they tested?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I'd be a bit more effusive in the summing up - it's the last impression you make!
Perhaps this calls for some restraint in the submission to avoid overdoing things ......

Written submission:
Thank you for taking the time to consider our appeal. We look forward to meeting you, and answering any questions you may have.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Summing up:
Thank you very much indeed for being so generous with your time, and for having given us the opportunity to present our case.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b49" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do I need to send the whole school report or just the pages of those specific subjects that they tested?
Assuming there's nothing you want to hide, best to submit all of it to show you've nothing to hide IYSWIM ..... :)
Etienne
ahap

Post by ahap »

Thank you. I have now posted everything. :|
ahap

Post by ahap »

Etienne I found a letter from his yr 7 class tutor which I have now sent it to the appeal box. The tutor sent it last year before she left the school. Do you think it's a good idea to send this also to the appeal panel?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now