Anyone know the Folkestone Academy?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

denis denis

Anyone know the Folkestone Academy?

Post by denis denis »

While I'm asking for schools help on here (hope no-one minds) does anyone have any idea what sort of reputation Folkestone Academy has? I know it replaced an previous secondary school and it's brand new, but what do people think of it?

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Denis denis
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The new head is very tough, 35 pupils on fixed term exclusions in the first week!

He is trying to crack down on behaviour. The previous school had a bad reputation. Closed and reopened as the academy with private backing.

They have a new very smart uniform to replaced the old sweatshirts and school day is from 8.30 to 5 , all homework is done at school rather than at home. The brand new building is very impressive

Latest exclusion rate is over 100, but head is sticking to his guns.

It is still early days though.
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

yoyo123 wrote:The new head is very tough, 35 pupils on fixed term exclusions in the first week!

He is trying to crack down on behaviour. The previous school had a bad reputation. Closed and reopened as the academy with private backing.

They have a new very smart uniform to replaced the old sweatshirts and school day is from 8.30 to 5 , all homework is done at school rather than at home. The brand new building is very impressive

Latest exclusion rate is over 100, but head is sticking to his guns.

It is still early days though.
Thanks yoyo, that's really intereseting. I thought the previous school had had a bad reputation. And the school day seems very long, but that's probably a good thing. The Academy website is very impressive and there are bans on mobile phones, jewellery, trainers, etc Suppose my friend will just have to go and have a look and see what she thinks. My general feeling is that it would be a no from me!

Thanks for your reply,

Denis denis
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now