St Olave's 11+ Exam - How did it go?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Orpington Mum

St Olave's 11+ Exam - How did it go?

Post by Orpington Mum »

Good luck to all thoes boys that sat St Olave's 11+ Exam last Saturday. Well done to all their Parents too.

Parents, how did you find the whole expereience? What books did you use? How did your son find the exam?

One doesn't get to hear much about St Olave's on this forum, so as a prospective parent 2008/2009 your experiences will be very much welcome.
Bexley Mum 2

St Olave's Entrance Exam

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

One of my son's best friends did the test on Saturday and said it was OK, but harder than the first two Bexley tests he did last week. He went every Saturday morning (for about 18 months I think) to a tutor in Bromley who tutored him specifically for the St Olave's test. It is a lovely school - we looked at it but decided against it primarily because we felt it would be too far to travel, but also because we felt that our son would be happier in a grammar that didn't seem to attract so many super-selective children (my impressions - may be wrong).
Guest999

St. Olave's

Post by Guest999 »

My son sat the test too but only for practice as I didn't like the school at all.

He thought the English paper was fine but the Maths paper was harder than the practice paper. Mind you most of the boys came out saying how hard it was!!
Prospective Mum

St Olave's Exam

Post by Prospective Mum »

My son sat the exam on Saturday, as like Guest999 mentioned, he said the English was OK, but Maths was quite hard, he complained that he didn't have enough space to do his workings. He practised with The A plus Series, nRef and Bond series.

My son is very much into Rugby and hence likes the school very much, also a few of the pupils from his primary school are already there.

Fingers crossed till March!

Good luck Orpington Mum
Guest999

St. Olave's

Post by Guest999 »

Fingers crossed for your son, Prospective Mum. Yes, it's definitely a school for Rugby lovers!

To answer Orpington Mum, we used Bond papers and a number of independent school sample papers (but that's partly because we are hoping to send him to an independent school!!).