Queen Marys 7 weeks to go...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
catwoman

Queen Marys 7 weeks to go...

Post by catwoman »

July 1st is just around the corner...i think i'm going a bit hysterical :x Searching through mountains of nvr, vr, maths, comps and getting him to do a bit too much and then having the guilty mother syndrome...then having a restless sleep through the night thinking i havent covered so and so...its constantly on my mind...i get hysterical when i see a book shop to search for anything that has 11 plus written on it :!: Then going mad :evil: when my Dh says "its just an exam :!: " and then my Ds was getting tucked into bed last night and he said 'oh mum i forgot to tell you we had a cat test today' then quizzing him about every single question' to then get a reply 'i forgot'.

I think i may have ocd atm with these exams...any1 else going a bit mad... 7 weeks to go :!:
Wolves mum

Re: Queen Marys 7 weeks to go...

Post by Wolves mum »

This madness is nothing compared to what you will go through between the exam and results day!! :D
Fingers crossed for you. Remember lots of hugs and praise, a confident, happy child will do better than an anxious, stressed one.
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Thanks Wolvesmum :) its very much true...i'm going to start slowing down a little now and maybe have some crazy family days that doesnt involve 11 plus...just having family fun...i think i need it just as much as he probably does :)
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

Hi all
omg 7 weeks is not enough
i feel so unprepared for DD
Shes still got a million exam practice papers to do

ive spent a fortune on em! :oops:
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

I got DS to sit in different rooms in the house to do the papers, just so he wasn't just used to being in one comfortable spot every time.

I didn't do any practice 2 days before the exam.

I told him to ignore any children he knew in the exam and to just focus on the task in hand. I also warned him some kids might cry or be sick and he was to completely ignore this as the teachers would help those kids. Make sure they know to have a wee in the break regardless of the length of the queue! I also sent a snack of his choice during the break.
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Thanks for the advice Wolves mum, defo taking it on board...my Ds gets so distracted sometimes and worried if other children are upset or crying...if he saw a child crying hes likely to try and console them :o Defo not a good move :!:
I'll have a chat with him tonight :)
um

Post by um »

I like to tell a (true!) story of a school (not in Birmingham) where, in the middle of a GCSE paper, a pigeon flew into the hall through a high window and started flapping about indoors, disrupting the exam until it delivered a splat on a child's desk. At which point the Deputy Head came in with an air gun and shot it. No, I am not making this up :D It is worth pointing out to your child that their 11 Plus exam is unlikely to be this eventful :wink: .
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

um wrote:I like to tell a (true!) story of a school (not in Birmingham) where, in the middle of a GCSE paper, a pigeon flew into the hall through a high window and started flapping about indoors, disrupting the exam until it delivered a splat on a child's desk. At which point the Deputy Head came in with an air gun and shot it. No, I am not making this up :D It is worth pointing out to your child that their 11 Plus exam is unlikely to be this eventful :wink: .
:shock: :lol: :lol:
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

so with 7 weeks to go my dd falls out with her school friends
spent most of last night crying - not what she shoulld be doing so near to exams
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

oh no! I remember that happening in my high school, friends can be so distracting sometimes..