Handsworth Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sm

Handsworth Test

Post by sm »

Hi!

Any idea about the Handsworth Test next week? I had heard that its easier one, but after yesterday don't want to take any chances.

Bye..
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

Lad came out of Handsworth on Saturday and told me he had answered all questions and that they were quite easy. This gives me confidence but also worries me a little as if the test is too easy then what mark do they need to pass?
Anyone know about previous years?
Do you have any info, KenR?
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi HHD

Sorry don't have much information about Handsworth Boys, although we know a number of friends with children at the school.

Probably your best bet is to search through the Birmingham LEA Admissions literature and try to find the pass marks in previous years. This will probably be a multiple of n x Age Std scores for each paper. You can then find out the approx proportion who pass by comparing this with the NFER Age Standardised percentiles. (See link from front page)
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

My son said the maths wasn't as hard as the King Edwards test, but he found that one really, really hard and he is usually quite good at maths. He did struggle with the verbal reasoning and didn't answer all the questions, especially towards the end of the section. He says that this test wasn't multiple choice answers.

Worst bit for him, is having to write a section about himself. He is rubbish at writing at the best of times :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now