dinosaurs with feathers!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

dinosaurs with feathers!

Post by southbucks3 »

Ok,
So last night I curled up with son number two to read science uncovered magazine with him in bed (it came free with our how it works subscription). "Cool," he said, "dinosaurs."
So I proceeded to read three pages of information which has completely annihilated all my own childhood imaginings. :twisted: Apparently they wandered around looking like over grown faverolle chickens! The nasty Jurassic park velociraptors were actually Labrador sized flightless falcons and worst of all the diplodocus was not fat, did not hang his head horizontally and... :shock: had spikes all along its spine!

My dh expressed no sympathy at my dismay, merely recollected the time I laughed at him when he read 'history' magazine and discovered Vikings did not have horns on their hats!

Has anyone else has their illusions shattered by reading too much? I cannot go back in time now, but yearn for my diplodocus of old!
hermanmunster

Re: dinosaurs with feathers!

Post by hermanmunster »

no, don't read it!!! it is a plot, next thing you will be telling me that there isn't a brontosaurus named Bert.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I think you are safe there herman, as theoretically what they called one another cannot be evidenced, as they could not write with their feathery fingers!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

There were only three dinosaurs when I was young - brontosaurus, tyrannosaurus and stegosaurus. Now it turns out that there was never any such animal as a brontosaurus but there were thousands of things I've never heard of. Bah humbug, they're just making stuff up.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

NOOO! :evil: there was definitely a Bontosaurus named Bert. :mrgreen:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

hermanmunster wrote:NOOO! :evil: there was definitely a Bontosaurus named Bert. :mrgreen:
There's one calls Bronty too. And she is green.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

My 7 year old has a (imaginary) pet pachycephalosaurus called Paul.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Please tell me you had to check the spelling of Paul's posh name! Duly impressed!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I didn't actually and don't even know if it's spelt correctly, but my boys could probably tell you what it looked like, what it ate, when it lived, for that and many others, all three are dinosaur nuts... I like most thought there were only a handful..
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Look at this....I mean really....a tyranosaurus rex!

I know pictures are not usually allowed, but trying to get my point across...They are just ruining everything!

You better get feather collecting and arm your kids with superglue, to make their models more realistic stroudy dad.
Last edited by southbucks3 on Mon May 12, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now